Chapter 8

Pervaz

Virgo sat in the kitchen. She was waiting for Scorpio who had promised to visit her.
She remembered last time her friend came. Scorpio had introduced Aries to her. She thought of him as a nice guy although a bit scary looking and intimidating.
She had to admit, their company has been a huge relief to her loneliness as well as her boredom.
She was currently reading a book. It was a called "When the flowers bloomed". A fairytale about a short romance between a young farmer boy and a privileged princess. The farmer boy is sweet and humble guy who shows the princess the multiple wonders of the world that she never experienced. The princess, impressed by the simple wonders, follows the boy around hoping to learn more about the world she's been so ignorant about. They continued being friends. That is until the princess is sent off to a foreign country by her father to marry the king of that land. The princess, devastated, confesses her feelings to the poor farmer boy who reciprocated them. Her fiancé, the king, upon learning her confession, sends out an army to kill the boy and hung his body in front of his castle. Eventually, the princess married the foreign king, but she never forgot her first love who was hung in front of her castle.
It was most definitely not a joyous story. Virgo wanted to find someone who would love her the same way the farmer boy loved the princess, but at the same time, she was scared to have that love stolen away like in the tale.

"Virgo! You there? I brought Aries!"
She heard the familiar voice shouting in the hallway. She ran out of the kitchen and greeted her guests with a quick hug.
Scorpio, who was visibly taller than Virgo, put an arm on the princess, using her as an arm rest as she told her about her week.
Aries, who had not said a word yet, looked amused by the duo in front of him. Somehow, Scorpio felt his amusement and turned around to question. "What's so funny?" She looked at him with a terrifying glare.
Aries raised both his hands in surrender. "Nothing, it's just funny how you tried to kill her and now you're like best friends."
The assassin saw it as an opportunity to tease her poor friend and went to gently punch him in the shoulder. "What? You're jealous?"
Aries scoffed at her comment and tried changing the subject. "Anyways, Virgo, I have the clothes catalog you asked for."
Virgo had asked a couple of days ago if Aries knew how to make women's clothing. It was definitely not his area of expertise, but he still told her he could try. The poor tailor have been working his ass off the past five days and had finally finishes sketching his designs.
Of course, the pair had not said a word to Scorpio, so she was obviously confused. "Clothes catalog?"
Aries nodded. He handed the booklet to the princess.
The three friends made their way to the kitchen where they were finally seated.
Virgo opened the catalog and started going through the pages while Aries explained each of his work and Scorpio commented her personal opinions.
It was a simple afternoon in which Virgo managed to change her wardrobe to something less plain than her current clothes. Although her outfits were much more luxurious compared to Aries and Scorpio's, for a princess, they were rather cheap and humble compared to her status.
"I'm planning on attending the three kingdom summit."
The words that came out of the princess' mouth shocked everyone.
Scorpio stood up abruptly and was quick to deny her friend's statement. "No goddam way! If you show your face, the prince is going to know I didn't carry out his orders."
Aries decided to chip in. "Is that why you asked for the dresses?"
Virgo nodded. Scorpio, who wasn't done scolding the princess, proceeded. "It's final. You're not going. Understood? Now look me in the eye and tell me you're not going."
Virgo rolled her eyes and told her what she wanted to hear. To be honest, she had no intentions of attending. It was just a thought she suddenly had last night and wanted to know her friends opinion.
Aries, who was listening to the conversation, decided to join in. "So, do you want me to still do the dresses? 'Cause I don't want to start a useless project. I'm a busy man you know?"
"Just make them. I'll wear them in the castle."
"As you wish, my princess."
Virgo laughed as he mentioned her title. She found it weird since they were such close friends.
It started getting late and Aries and Scorpio went back home.
On their way out, Scorpio decided to propose something to Aries. She had long thought about and with the three kingdom summit in Pervaz this year, it was a great opportunity for an escape the tyranny.
"You know how the three kingdom summit is in Pervaz this year? And how you always dreamed to go to Versailles?"
Aries raised an eyebrow, not sure where the assassin was trying to get.
"Well, I've thought about it. What if we tried sneaking on one of the carriages. We could bribe the Gladians since they aren't as prejudice as the Versans. After that, we'll apply for an immigration request to Versailles and live our life in prosper. Good idea, right?"
Aries looked at her with a perplexed look that said "Really???".
"What? You don't think it's a good idea?"
"Absolutely not. Are you trying to get yourself killed?! And what about Virgo? You're just going to leave her here?"
"No! Of course not! I was going to bring her with us..."
Aries shook his head. He disapproved the plan, but knowing how headstrong Scorpio could be, the chances of convincing her were near to zero.
"Aries, do you like Virgo? It seems that whenever she asks you to do something, you do it without any questions."
He shrugged. Guess he was quite easy to read despite thinking he hid it so well.