Chapter 4

Versailles

Sagittarius sat at her desk reading over the royal family's ledger. She took over some of the responsibilities she would take after her marriage to the prince early. Having been trained to rule the kingdom since her childhood, the young lady's knowledge and étiquettes were flawless. She was praised by many for her upstanding work. Although she and Aquarius had no feelings for each other, they reached a good enough point in their relationship where they see each other as good friends.

"Lady Saggitarius, Count Welberg is here to meet you."
The young lady got up and made her way to open the door for the count.
"

Good afternoon your ladyship."
The man was in his mid-forties and was one of the leaders of the noble party which means his decision had a lot of weight on the kingdom.
"Good afternoon Count Welberg. I had something to tell you."
They both sat down at Sagittarius's desk.
"I'll get straight to the point, I heard you knew about a certain merchant who can procure something I need."
The count smirked. "Indeed my lady, and would that object be? Just out of curiosity."
She took a deep breath before drawing out a contract. "I'll need you to sign these confidentiality papers. Then I will be able to reveal to you the object that I have my eyes on. Don't worry you will be handsomely rewarded."
The count seemed reluctant. The deal was in itself quite suspicious but the offer the daughter of Count Patrick could offer was humongous considering the fact that the Patrick family was one of the wealthiest in the land. It is said that if the family would ever fall, their net worth would be enough for the next five generations.
He finally made up his mind, earning him a smile from the young lady, and picked the pen. He read the file thoroughly and signed at the bottom corner where Saggitarius had already signed.
"So miss, what is that object you wanted."
"I heard recently a time turner has been found in possession of a merchant. I think his name was Ivan Welberg. He's your nefew isn't he?"
"Ivan?!"
Saggitarius raised an eyebrow. "Perhap I'm mistaken?"
"No, it's just that Ivan cut ties with the family a couple of year back." The count seemed anxious as he felt the future princess' gaze on him. "I'll get started now!" He stuttered and left the room in a rush. The young lady was definitely a frightening person whose cold stare can make anyone obey.
After the count left, Saggitarius picked up the ledgers she was working on and made her way to the main entrance.
"Asra, please call a carriage for me. I need to stop by the royal palace." She ordered in a firm voice her maid who proceeded by bowing and nodding at her master's demand.
Soon enough, she saw her carriage and went in it.
The ride was quick since her manor wasn't too far from the palace, but the carriage ride was pretty rocky which would usually make her sick.
When she got there, the knights immediately recognized the future crown princess. They let her in with no questions.
She walked across the beautiful garden covered in flowers. She then saw a silhouette not too far from her.
She decided to call them out. "Prince Aquarius! It's me, Saggi!"
The prince turned around to the voice that was calling out his name. He waved at her.
The young lady curtsied in front of him. "Greetings, your royal highness."
Aquarius laughed at her behavior. "Didn't I tell you didn't need to be so formal with me. You are, after all, my soon to be wife."
"Yes, your highness, emphasis on soon to be."
He lent out his hand to the count's daughter. "Anyways, would you like to accompany me on a walk around the garden?" Saggitarius smiled at his gentlemanly behavior and took his hand, accepting his proposal.
They made their way across the courtyard only to reach the gazebo in the prince's secret garden.
The prince sat down on the bench and gently tapped the spot next to him, hinting to the lady to take a seat.
Understanding his intention, she sat down. "Your highness, I've been meaning to ask you about something."
Aquarius sighed. "Again, just Aqua would be fine. I don't know why you keep on insisting to be so formal. Like, I always call you Saggi and there's no problem. Anyways, what was your question?"
Saggitarius took a deep breath before answering. "I want to go to the 3 kingdom summit."
The three kingdom summit was an event that happened each four years and consisted of the three ruling families of each kingdom as well as the general and whoever they decided to invite. It was a huge event where they would discuss the fate of their alliance, a peace treaty they signed years ago. It was also the only time the kingdoms could interfere in each other's internal affairs. This year, it was in Pervaz, much to the kingdom of Versailles discontent.
The prince eyes opened wide. It was obvious he wasn't expecting her to ask that. "Well, I could ask my dad. But it's in Pervaz this year and you know how they can be."
"I don't mind."
The prince sigh. He wanted to keep her safe but he knew there was no changing her mind. Sometimes, he wonders why the women in his life are so stubborn.
"Aqua! Saggi!"
They saw Taurus running toward them.
They then spotted a panting Cancer running behind.
"Taurus! Slow down, you're going to fall!"
And just as Cancer predicted, the princess fell face first in the grass.
"Ow. Cancer help me up would you?"
The general hurried up to the princess' side and helped her get up.
The prince decided to speak first. "So Tauri, general, you guys made up? You seemed mad last time."
The two shared a look as they reminisce what happened.

They were meeting at a tea shop. The princess had cleared the entire place in order to get privacy. As she waited, she heard the door open and saw the familiar green hair who made his way to her table. Completely freaking out, she blurted out the first thing in her head. "It's a date."
The general, who was as equally confused as he was surprised, started blushing. "Is-Is it???"
Finally realizing what she had said, the princess hurriedly denied the nonsense that came out of her mouth but quickly interrupted by Cancer. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was a date." He leaned in, ready to touch her lips only for Taurus to push him back flustered. "At least warned me next time!" Before smashing her own lips on his.

That was the story of how Taurus and Cancer kissed and made up. But of course, there was no way she was telling anyone that and even less her brother.
Aquarius was on to them but decided to let it go.
Their chains of thought were interrupted when Saggitarius decided to take her leave. "Your majesty, I will hand over my work to you and leave. It's getting late and I have a family dinner to attend."
This was how this day ended with the four of the parting ways.