Chapter 3

Gladia

"Lady Capricorn, I've heard you've attended the queen's banquet. She seemed to really like you."
Capricorn took a sip of her tea and smiled elegantly before answering. "Yes, she seemed very fond of me."
She loved it. Everyone here was at her feet and with the queen's sudden affection, her influence has only risen.
"Do you think she wants to make you Crown princess?"
Capricorn nodded. She looked across the table to a woman glaring at her. Wilma Helios. Everyone in the kingdom knew about her infatuation with the prince. She was one of the candidates for the prince's betrothed, but her constant misbehavior and damaged reputation angered the queen who decided she wasn't fit for her son.
Anyways, it worked in her favor. She had already earned the queen's aproval. From now on, it was a piece of cake.
She wanted to rule by his side and be the most powerful woman in all of Gladia. She achieved a lot during the past year, building her influence in the kingdom and climbing up the social ladder.
"Lady Capricorn, did you call for me in your letter?"
She turned around to a certain white haired prince name Gemini.
"Your royal highness, you came at my demand." She smiled enthusiastically yet well refined.
"Yes, my mother convinced me to escort you."
Looks like the queen helped a lot in her conquest.
She looked over at the other ladies gushing over them except for a certain lady.
Proud of her progress, she got up to leave. "Your royal highness, I would like to leave."
The prince, who was in no position to refuse, hesitantly accepted. "Of-Of course my lady"
They both made their way out of the garden as the other ladies whispered behind them.
As they got further in the capital, the prince stopped.
"What was that about???"
Capricorn innocently smirked. "I have no idea what you're talking about your majesty."
"I'm talking about the countless rumors that you have started. "
She decided to deny. "I started nothing, I only let them believe what they wanted to believe."
"I have told you already and will continue to do it again and again. I am not interested in you and will not be part of your scheme for power."
Capricorn's heart was pounding. She knew the prince was right and that neither both of them had romantic toward each other.
"Fine, I'll leave you alone. But I can't guarantee the same for your mother. If you would excuse me, I will be leaving now."
She curtsied out of respect and left leaving the prince alone in the middle of the capital.
...

Gemini stayed in the capital for a bit. He had prior engagement to take care of before he can return.
He walked into the underground of Gladia and spotted a long haired man sitting in a corner. The man looked up to his friend and welcomed him with open arms. "Gem-Gem I've missed you so much. You don't visit often these days do you."
"Hey Leo, how's the underground these days?"
They walked into a pub as they catch up on the past few weeks.
"So I heard that you plan to take lady Capricorn as your wife."
Gemini was shocked. Has the news already reached this far? "Absolutely not. I just rejected her right before coming here."
Leo put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him into a hug. "You are the only one for me Gemi."
The prince stared at his friend. "That sounded SO weird."
They both had a laugh at it for a while.
...

Capricorn was locked in her room. She was frustrated at the prince for rejecting her like that. Everyone in high society knew that no marriage is based off love, that wad merely a bonus. Marriage was for benefits on both parties.
She needed to come up with a new strategy. She couldn't let her influence get reduce because of a worthless rejection. People have been following her since they believed she was the next queen. She was pretty, well mannered and came from the distinguish family of Ferosia.
If she were to fail now, what would her father say? To him, she was nothing more than someone he could send off to marriage to build his connections. It's was always been this way. She wanted to show him that she was much higher than he could ever be as the next queen of the Kingdom of Gladia.
"Capricorn!!! Open the goddamn door!!!"
It was her father, the man loathed more than anything.
She opened the door before greeting him. "Evening father, may I ask how you've been."
"How about you explain to me this!" He shoved a newspaper in her hands. On the cover was written: Rejected by the prince. "Just for once I though you would be useful but you manage to ruin me by getting yourself rejected!"
She tried hard to restrain herself and answered politely. "What I do does not concern you."
"As long as I'm feeding you and giving you a roof, it does concern me."
"Again father, what I do does NOT concern you. Now if you would excuse me, I have something to tell mother."
Slap
Capricorn held her red cheek as she watch her father storm out of the hallway. Honestly, she couldn't care less about the man who saw her as nothing more than a marriage prospect.
She walked to her mother's quarters. She didn't lie, she truly had something to tell her mom.
She got in front of a huge door and knocked. A middle-aged yet beautiful woman opened the door.
"Oh, Capricorn. Your cheek is swollen." She raised her hand to touch her dauther's cheek.
Capricorn grabbed her mom's softly as she embraced her warmth. Her father did not deserve her mother. Not in a million year, not ever. She was the most radiant and kind person she has ever known while her father was cruel.
It was also why she wanted to marry the prince. That way, she could get out of that house along her mother. But now, as she looked at her mother, she knew it was time to give up.

If you have any ships idea, plz tell me down in the comments. Also, what do guys think about the characters? I'm sorry Capricorn was a bit of a gold-digger at the beginning but now we know why.