Chapter 14

Gladia

"So you're a princess and he found you then proceeded to sneak you into Gladia."
Virgo nodded.
Libra sighed. His cousin was unbelievable. "Well we just crossed the border. You're lucky you're traveling on a carriage with the royal crest. They would have discovered you or else."
Gemini, who had stayed quiet the entire time, shockingly, decided to step in. "Libra, I think you can stop the interrogation. Pretty sure Virgo over here is getting tired."
Libra stood up and signaled the coach to stop the carriage. "I think I'll ride a horse from here back to Quiven. Shouldn't be too far."
Virgo waved goodbye at the Duke as he opened the door and left.
"Virgo, I have something to tell you."
"I'm listening."
He paused a little bit. "I love you."
The princess was perplexed. "Gem, will you excuse my language? OH HELL NO! YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! IVE KNOWN YOU FOR EXACTLY 5 GODDAMN DAYS AND YOU ALREADY CONFESSED! THIS I WAY TOO QUICK!"
They were both silent.
As Virgo calmed down, she apologized. "My apologies, that was a bit harsh."
"It's alright. I'm a bit shooken, but I'm alright."
The rest of the ride was left with an awkward silence. Neither knew what to do without hurting each other's feelings.

...

Capricorn sat at her desk. Today, the royal family should be returning from Pervaz.
Honestly, the words Gemini told her last time they saw each other still stung. But he was right, she didn't like him for his personality, but instead his status.
The famous gladian monster suppression festival was coming soon. Capricorn was one of the rare noble ladies who participated. Having been trained from a young age, her skills were on par with an elite knight.
She decided to go out and train in her family's forest. She wanted to get used to the terrain and what better way than there.
She went to the stables and mounted her favorite horse, Fiona. This had been her childhood pet. She couldn't imagine her life without her.
She gathered her weapons. She stored a sword in her scabbard and grabbed her crossbow. She left galloping on the pathway.
As she went along the path, she couldn't help but notice he lack of creature, whether they were small or massive.
Bored, she decided to indulge deeper in the forest and went away from the main road.
Once she got far enough, she descended her horse and attached it to a tree.
The woods were surrounded by trees which made it very narrow. It was far more advantageous to go by foot.
She lifted her crossbow, ready to attack in case of a threat.
She suddenly heard a growl.
She recognized that sound. It was a bloodhound wolf. They were extremely menacing and ferocious, she couldn't believe she was about to encounter one.
She contemplated leaving quietly and running away. That was until she heard a groan.
The hound was attacking someone.
This was bad. It was clear she was at a disadvantage when it came to fight. Still, she couldn't abandon the, what seemed to be a man, alone.
She sighed and aimed her crossbow. She slowly walked towards the scream.
She hid behind the bush. The beast nor the man seemed to gave noticed her. She positioned the arrow at his head and pulled ghe trigger. Bullseye.
The wolf collapse at the arrow's hit as the man rolled away from its attacker.
Capricorn ran to see the man's condition.
She quickly took out a hankerchief and wiped the blood off his face.
She stopped for a second. She recognized this man. He was Duke Libra Quiven. What was he doing here.
She ran to detach her horse and brought him to the injured Duke. She ordered Fiona yo lie down before pulling the heavy man on top of her. She took out a rope she had and tied Libra to the horse to avoid an incident in case he would fall.
She finally succeeded and slowly made her was to the manor.
At the gate, a team of knights from House Ferosia were about to be dispatched. The butler had found her missing and had quickly reported to the count.
Her father appeared in the crowd. "Capricorn Ferosia. Do you know the trouble you have caused me?!"
The girl sighed. "I know you're mad father, but I have much more important issues to take care of." She pointed at the unconscious Duke sleeping on her horse.
Count Ferosia was baffled. "Is-Is this Duke Quiven."
Capricorn nodded. "Yes, I found him on the outskirt of the forest. He was attacked by a beast."
Her father turned around and shouted new orders. "Guards, bring the Duke in one of our guest rooms and have our best physician check on him. We must not face the king's wrath. Everyone knows his majesty is fond of his nefew. And Capricorn, go to your mother, she wishes to speak to you."
Everyone bowed and left to do as they were told, Capricorn included.

...

Capricorn closed the door to her mother's room. She had called her previously to talk about the upcoming event. The young lady reassured her mother and left.
On her way back to her room, she decided to visit the Duke she found.
She knocked on his door. No response. She assumed he was still asleep. It was better this way. She had no interest in starting a conversation. She just needed to make sure he was well taken of.
She carefully opened the door and gently closed it.
"I never said you could come in."
Capricorn jumped of surprise.
Thinking he was asleep, she was taking aback when she heard his voice.
"Well... you never said I couldn't come in either." In her head, the words came out in a confident tone, but as they got ouf of her mouth, the cold glare of the Duke made her sound unsure.
Libra sat up. "You're that young lady who confessed to my cousin, didn't you?"
Capricorn let out a small awkward chuckle. "Well yeah. I still feel sort of embarrassed."
"Hn. Don't tell anyone I told you this, but my cousin brought a woman home from Pervaz. A princess to be exact."
She looked at him with a deadly glare before exclaiming a huge:
"What?!?!"

So Virgo is now going to be on the Gladia chapters. I'm glad she's finally getting the happiness she deserves.
p.s. Anybody listened to ttpd? What's your favorite track? Mine is I can do it with a broken heart.