Chapter 13

Pervaz

Gemini held a terribly drawn map in his hands. Apparently, searching for a good tailor in Pervaz was harder than finding a treasure chest.
He decided to turn right.
He looked at the map again. And then realized he was in a complete different neighborhood.
After a couple of laps around the kingdom, he had finally found himself in front of his destination.
Ram's shop
He opened the door.
Inside sat at the counter a black haired man.
A

t the sight of his new client, the tailor rushed to greet. He bowed in front of him and introduced himself. "Greetings sir, my name is Aries. May I ask what it is you're interested to buy today?"
"I would like some quick simple outfits. I'll let you design them however you would like. I only ask they'll be delivered to the royal palace by tomorrow morning."
Aries wasn't very content. He would have to pull an all nighters in order to finish the command. He gave the prince an awkward grin. "I'm afraid my schedule is tight. But I can give you these ready made clothing." He pointed at a shelf with well folded outfits. Aries felt a knot in his stomach. It was clear this man was wealthy so the chances he'd be satisfied with the choices his shop offered.
To his surprise, Gemini gave him a check and left to look at the outfits.
Just then, Scorpio barged opened the door. "Aries, time to go!"
"Wait a sec, I'm with a client."
"I don't care." She went up to him, grabbed his wrist and dragged him away.
Gemini, who witnessed the scene, was baffled. He looked at his watch and saw how late it was getting. He decided to leave.
As he left the shop, he put a hand in his pocket trying to find his map. It wasn't there.
The prince started panicking. He was lost without a map and couldn't remember how he got here in the first place.
From a distance, he could see the tailor and the woman. Desperate, he decided to follow them from a distance.
As he followed them, he noticed something. Both seemed to walk toward a small castle.
Compared to the main palace, this one seemed abandoned. The vegetation surrounding it was taken away by weeds while the walls' paint was chipping away. There were no lamps to light up the building.
He was taken by curiosity, but decided to stay away. He saw the main palace and decided to turn there instead.
At his return, he got quite an earful from his mother.
"Where have you been?! You know how important this event is! Worst part, you didn't even think of telling anyone about your departure."
The lecture lasted a couple of hours and he eventually got back to his room.
He thought about today's event as he closed the door to his room. The castle he saw bothered him. There was something about it. He just couldn't figure it out. It was also strange that two commoners had access to such a place.
He decided to look out the window. The castle couldn't be seen from his point of view, but if he remembered well, it should be from a walking distance.
Curious, he snucked out the window. It wasn't hard since the palace had an abundant amount of trees. It was already night time so the entire place was quiet.
He made his way to the gate. He tried opening it. It was locked.
He noticed a faint light coming from a window. It was the easiest way to get in. Although it was open, the room still stood at what he could assume was the second floor.
Since the castle was abandoned, wild wines grew around the walls so climbing it wasn't too hard.
Gemini had been trained since a young age which means he had a decent physic.
He reached the window sill and hoisted his body into the room.
He barely had time to look around before he felt a book swinging at him.
Gemini managed to dodge it. He looked up to see a girl in her night gown with an aggressive look on her face. Before he could do anything, she swung at him again. This time, he raised his arms in defeat, but the girl showed no interest in stopping.
"Wait! Hey! I hate to play this card, but I'm a prince. So would you PLEASE stop attacking me!"
"So? Going into a lady's room at night is quite a scandal." She spitted back, still hostile towards him.
Gemini stood up and grabbed the book from her hands in one swift move. "I swear. I did not have any bad intentions. I was just curious."
The girl sighed and sat down. "Apologies for beating you with a book. My name's Princess Virgo of Pervaz."
"Princess? I didn't know Pervaz had a princess. I'm Gemini of Gladia by the way."
"Well now you know. So what were you doing in my room?"
"I followed some tailor hoping to get back to the castle but instead found yours."
"Wait, Aries?"
He nodded.
That night they talked. Gemini would tell her about his excursion and his friend while Virgo would talk about her family situation and the things she did to keep herself occupied.
"So there's this time that Leo and I went swimming in a lake when we were little. Turned out, the lake was home to huge monster and we had to run in the capital in nothing but bathing suits. My mother gave me hell of a time about it."
They both laughed.
It was then Virgo's turn. "Well, I have two friends. There's Scorpio. She was originally an assassin sent out to kill me. But in the end, she didn't do it and now we're friends. She introduced me to Aries and everything."
Over the next few nights, Gemini would visit her. Virgo truly appreciated it. It was a nice gesture on his part.
It was finally the eve of Gemini's return. The prince didn't want to leave her. So he did the only thing that came to his mind.
"Her, Virgo? You wanna go to Gladia with me?"

...

Libra sat across his cousin and the lady.
He twitched his eyebrows. "So...? You brought home a lady?"
The prince nodded.
"Unbelievable."