Chapter 5

Pervaz

Scorpio made her way to the huge palace, a place she loathed filled with people she despised. But right now wasn't the time to think about her personal problems. She needed the job and the money and the offer the prince gave her was by far the best.
At the entrance, she was welcomed by Pisces who led the way to the prince's study.
The aid knocked on the door and waited for the prince's response. "Come in"
The two woman bowed in front of the royal in respect.
Pisces was the first to speak up. "I've brought the assassin at your request, your royal highness."
The prince nodded in response and signaled her to leave them alone.
"

I take it your the Dark Angel. I've heard a lot about you. I must say, I wasn't expecting it to be you."
"I'll take it as a compliment, your highness."
The prince stared at her, evaluating her skills with a single glance. And when he had finish his little evaluation, he sat on his desk and took out a file with the picture of a black haired woman.
Scorpio looked at the image. The woman was indeed pretty. Her pale skin and rosy cheeks complimented her raven hair.
The prince suddenly ripped the picture out of the assassin's hands and stabbed it to his desk. "This. This is my half-sister, Princess Virgo Yvonne Alexandra of Pervaz also known as the only obstacle between me and the throne. I need her dead."
Scorpio was shocked. She herself used to have siblings, key word used, and their relationship quite chaotic, but one thing she knew was that she would have died for them. And there she was, in front of her, a man who would gladly disposed his sister in exchange for power. Her train of thoughts was interrupted when the prince spoke up. "I don't care what you have to do. Just get rid of her without leaving a trace and make sure nothing seems out of the ordinary. There's a maid, her name is Medea and she goes into the princess' palace once a month. If you meet her, kill her too."
She looked at his expression when he said kill. It was... cold. There wasn't an ounce of pity nor mercy in his eyes. She knew that if she were to reject his offer after he told her so much details
he would have no problem getting rid of her. She swallowed her saliva and left the castle.
When she got home, she gathered her best weapons and took out her mask to cover her entire face.
It was now time to start her mission.

...

Virgo was lying in her bed chamber. It was obvious the loneliness and boredom was killing her.
Her mother died while giving birth to her and her father despised the mere sight of her.
She sigh. Seventeen years has passed and she still haven't been out of her castle. Everyday, she would wake up and go to the library and read. It was her only source of entertainment. When she was hungry, she would heat up some soup and bread. It was always the same meal, the same routine and she was starting to get sick of it.
She then heard a sound in the hallway. It was definitely a subtle one, so faint she barely heard it. But in a quiet castle like hers, even the tiniest of noise don't go unoticed.
She grabbed the nearest lamp and opened her door. She tried thinking who it could be. Medea shouldn't be back for the next couple of weeks and her father told her last time that he didn't wanted to see her again. So that left her brother, her dear brother Ophiuchus.
"Brother?"
As she finished her sentence, she felt a light brush on her shoulder and a blade was suddenly at her neck.
The princess panicked and elbowed the intruder right in the stomach. She winced at the small cut the knife made but at least she was free from their grip.
She quickly analyzed the situation. She definitely couldn't run away, the assassin was much quicker than her, and fighting them head on was out of the question. So she did the only reasonable thing that came to her mind.
She dropped on her knees and started begging. "Please spare me. I promise, I won't bother you. I'll-Ill just stay here in this palace like I've always done. So please...?"
The intruder froze. What was that girl doing? She took off her mask and looked at the girl more closely. "You're Princess Virgo right?"
The princess looked up at the mention of her name. "Yes. I'm sorry for all the inconvenience I've caused. Please just spare me. I'll give you soup."
"Sister, I'm sorry if I upsetted you. Do you want soup?"
Those words were her sister's.
She was hesitant whether she should proceed. "I can't do it. I can't. My name's Scorpio by the way. " She raised her hands in defeat.
Virgo's eyes beemed. "Really! I'll get you the soup right now! It isn't the best but it's still pretty good! Just give me a second to heat it up!"
And that was when Scorpio burst out laughing. She couldn't believe she was about to kill a sweetheart like her.
Virgo started getting nervous at the assassin's reaction. "Do I have something on my face?!"
Scorpio shook her head and followed the girl into the kitchen.
They both sat a the table and Scorpio started asking questions. "Is it just you in this castle?"
The princess looked up and nodded.
"Wow."
Scorpio continued learning more about her and the princess did the same. There was only one thing left on Scorpio's mind. What should she do about prince Ophiuchus?
She decided to tell Virgo about why she was here.
"My brother asked you to kill me? I guess I can pretend to be dead. But it's not like he visits me or anything. One thing though, you'll need to get rid of Medea. If she finds out, she will definitely report to my father."
And it was that day that the princess befriended her assassin.