Chapter 16

Pervaz

"Where's Virgo?" Scorpio asked as she stared at the completely silent halls of the abandoned castle.
"Beats me." Aries raised his shoulder signaling his ignorance to his situation. He rummaged across the numerous shelves starting by the princess' desk.
Scorpio sat on the well-made bed and let out a long sigh. "I don't want to be a pessimiste, but what if that damn prince found her? If he did, he's probably going to have my head next. Think we should pack our bags and leave this kingdom. We could go to Versailles or maybe Gladia would do. But I do admit, I do NOT own a warm coat. I heard the winters over there could get to like minus 50 degrees. That's crazy!!!"
She suddenly received a letter straight to her face.
"I think you might want to buy that jacket. Read the letter."
"What?!" She read the envelope word for word, over and over again, as if she didn't believe it's content.
Scorpio, Aries,
I wanted to inform you of my departure to Gladia. I regret not telling you this face to face, but you must understand it was all on a whim. Don't worry, I had help from Gemini, a friend of mine.
I would like to thank you for the last couple of months, which have been formidable. You both have cured this unbearable loneliness and unsufferable boredom that I have experienced all these years. Mere words cannot express my gratitude towards you.
By the time you read this letter, I should have already cross the border, alive...hopefully. I would have love to bring you guys with me, and mark my words, I will do everything in my power to bring you here with me.
I wish you an amazing life until we meet again,
Your friend Virgo

"That little bitch!" Scorpio jumped off the bed and shove the letter in Aries' face. She started making laps around the room trying to calm her frustration down. "How dare she abandon us! I say we go to Gladia and drag her by the hair all the way to Pervaz! If she thinks she can get rid of us, she is damn wrong!"
"Okay, calm down a sec." Aries told her. "And before you do anything rash, how about you cool off a little and then we can maybe, go to Gladia?"
Scorpio snapped. "And why would we do that?!"
"Because Gladian are much civilized than us Pervazian. Plus, bonus point, it's a rational decision."
She groaned before laying back on the bed. "You know, I hate it when you're right."
"Just get a messenger bird. We'll send her a message." Aries ordered her.
"And where would we send it? Don't we need like a precise adress to send letters. Plus, those birds are expensive as hell."
Aries sigh. "You know, I also hate it when you're right."

...

"Aries, who's Gemini?"
They were currently back at Ram's shop.
Aries went up to her and grabbed Virgo's letter from her hands. He stared at the name a little bit before rushing to his drawer, pulling out a small ledger.
He let out a malicious grin. "Well, that son of a gun. I make him clothes and he takes my friend away."
Scorpio was visibly confused. "Who you're talking 'bout? Do you know Gemini?"
He closed the ledger loudly, stopping Scorpio from asking anymore unnecessary questions.
"I would appreciate it if you didn't bombard me with questions. And to answer them, yes, I do know who he is. He was a client of mine."
"Wait, really?!"
"Yes, and it seems mister Gemini is a foreign prince. I'm not surprised our sweet little Virgo was swayed." He said gritting his teeth. "I swear to God, I'm gonna beat this bastard if I ever see him again."
He mumbled that part, but Scorpio, being the assassin she was, heard it all.
She used that opportunity to tease a little bit. "Ohhh, look at you in overprotective father mode. Don't worry too much dad, you'll have grey hairs and wrinkles much sooner if you do so. Hey! Maybe you'll even get a dad bod!"
"Ha. Ha. Very funny." He playfully pouted. "Now, if you don't mind getting kicked out of my store, I suggest you take that back."
"Pfft, what a buzz kill..." She muttered under her breath. Fortunately for her, Aries didn't seem to be paying attention.

...

"Pisces, would you fetch me my coat. I'll be going out."
Pisces made a grimace at the prince's order and swallowed up her hatred for the man. She handed him his coat.
"Should I go with you, your highness?"
He turned around to look at her. "Of course. Actually, you're the only one I can trust when it comes to these things." He told her. "I have a meeting with the rest of the faction today."
The faction? She had seen that name somewhere, but she couldn't remember where. One thing for sure, it wasn't a subject Prince Ophiuchus mentioned often.
They got on the carriage.
During the entire ride, Pisces didn't question her master wether it was their destination or his intentions.
The carriage stopped. She took the opportunity to look out the window. It was an empty alley.
The door opened and the prince got out as she followed from behind.
"Welcome Prince Ophiuchus."
Pisces looked at the group of nobleman and a huge black board.
There was a map and different markings at certain parts. She recognized those and she was certain, Pervaz is going to war.
With who? She didn't know.
How? She didn't know either.