Chapter 18

Gladia

"Your royal highness?"
Gemini stopped as Capricorn called his name.
"I think we're lost." She told him while observing her surroundings.
"Nonsense, we've been walking North this entire time. It shouldn't be to hard to go back."
She sighed. "You're right, we've been walking North, but look at the sun. If we were truly walking North, the sun would be on our left. It's currently behind us."
Gemini took a second to check Capricorn's claims. She was right. It didn't make sense. He took a second to think what they should do next. "We'll set camp over here." He ordered her. "Before we get even more lost than we already are."
"I don't think that's an option, you highness." Capricorn chipped in. "My family will get worry and what will people think if we spend the night alone in the woods."
"You're right." He agreed. "Although I've made it clear I had zero interest in you, rumors are sure to fly."
Capricorn clapped her hands. "Well. It's settle then. We'll go around the woods until we can find our out."
"OR we could wait for the North Star to see which is right. Whichever direction gets the most votes will be the one we follow."
Capricorn scoffed. The prince was speaking nonsense again. "Will you please refrain of comparing our situation to an election."
"Fine. Then we'll wait until tomorrow morning. It's getting dark and I don't think adventuring in the zone at night is an option we have."
She nodded and followed the prince.
After exploring the area, they found a cave where they could hide from beasts.
They found it strange since they haven't encountered any during their entire time in the zone.
Nightfall eventually came as the weather got colder.
"I'm going to go get some wood." Capricorn called out.
Gemini nodded as he tied the horses.
While Capricorn was walking, she saw a huge winged creature fly above. In panic, she ran to the cave to warn the prince.
"Your highness, I think we might have stumbled on a dragon's lair." She panted.
"Oh shit!" He exclaimed and ran to look outside. Without wasting a second, he quickly came up with a plan. "Go stall it! I'm going to get something!" He ran and started searching in his bag.
Capricorn was confused. "How am supposed to stall it?! By being food?!"
She tried waiting for a response, but was left with nothing but silence from the prince. She was eventually left with no choice, but to become bait.
"Hi... mister dragon..." She said awkwardly at the humongous creature. "Please don't eat me..."
The dragon didn't seem pleased and just as he was about to attack her, he was hit by an object. Weirdly, the object seemed to have calmed him down as he obediently lied down.
Before Capricorn could take a closer look at the situation, Gemini ran to her side. "It's a blood stone." He started explaining. "It helps render beasts into submission."
"Where'd you get that? Aren't those supposed to be extremely rare."
He pulled out the dagger he had bought back at the antique store. There was a hole in the handle where one could assume was where the scarlet jewel was attached.
"So what do we do now, your highness?"
"Well we could stay here or maybe," He pointed at he dragon. "We can take this guy on a ride. Although, we will have to leave the horses."
"Fine by me. It's my father's horse anyways. I couldn't care less."
"So it's decided! Mister Dragon, you're taking us on a ride!"
As if it understood, the dragon laid down.
"Ladies first."
Capricorn smiled as she climbed on the beast. Gemini then followed her by doing the same.
It was a once in a lifetime experience, one they will never forget.
As they flew across the forest, Capricorn couldn't help but think about the prince. When she first met him, he was nothing but a mere opportunity to get her father off her back. But after spending so much time with him, it made her realize she wanted to learn to know him.

...

The dragon landed in front of the royal palace much to the guards surprise. It wasn't everyday you meet such a creature, much less in the center of the capital.
Capricorn and Gemini left the dragon in the royal guards' care despite their discontent. Of course, Gemini was a prince and he honestly couldn't care less.
As he walked in through the entrance, a woman's voice was suddenly heard shouting his name.
"Gemini!!!"
Virgo ran and hugged him tightly before letting out all her emotions which became the messiest confession Gemini has ever heard.
"I'm so sorry Gemini!" She exclaimed still not breaking the hug. "I'm sorry I didn't realize my feelings earlier! I love you so much and I can't believe you had to be dead for me to realize! Please forgive me!"
Gemini was shocked as the girl sobbed in his arms. He let out an awkward chuckle not sure what he should do. "Um... Virgo? I'm not mad at you. Instead, I'm actually glad you feel the same."
"Really...?"
He nodded.
Before he could say anything else, Virgo was quick to give him a kiss, it wasn't an intense one, but enough to surprise Gemini. He was taken aback by her sudden move, but he eventually kissed back.
"Excuse me? I will be leaving, your highness."
Capricorn! He had completely forgotten her presence, and frankly, so has Virgo.
"O-of course. Excuse us would you."
She turned around leaving the lovebirds by themselves. She thought she had finally gotten closer to him, but the moment, she felt as if she was the farthest thing to him.
Back inside, Gemini was about to embrace his newfound lover a second time, but was quickly interrupted by another woman. One with a look that could kill
"Prince Gemini of Gladia! What the hell were you thinking! Ditching your guards and bringing a dragon into the capital! Goodness, will you ever grow!" She then turned to Virgo with a soften smile and a look much different to the one she had towards her own son. "Was I interrupting anything, dear."
Gemini answered for her. "Yes, mother. You were."
"Shush." She said dryly. "I am not done being mad at you."
"When Virgo leaves, you better believe you're dead." She whispered in her son's ear making sure Virgo couldn't hear her.
This sent chills down Gemini's spine.

Pt. 2 is done!
I decided to do Gemini x Virgo. They had much more chemistry and a better relationship after all.