3. 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐌𝐄

RETURN TO ME

CHAPER 3: ATTACK ME

"MOM? AM I STILL YOUNG? CAN I DREAM FOR A FEW MONTHS MORE?"
— MITSKI

Percy explained everything to me that night, his dreams about Grover and him being in trouble

Percy explained everything to me that night, his dreams about Grover and him being in trouble. Him being caught by a cyclops.

For someone reason I felt left behind a bit, it felt like everyone else knew about everything and I didn't.

We spent two days working on our chariot, it was supposed to be Percy, Annabeth and I, but AnnaBeth and Percy started to fight so now it was me, Percy, and Tyson. 

Percy has been off, more off than everyone else. I get it, camp was weird and unusual, and he just found out he had a cyclops for a brother.

Everyone looked at him different now then they did before, Percy was no longer a hero. He was an embarrassment to the camp.

It was the day of the chariot racing, it was a lie to say I wasn't nervous. We were next to demeters chariot, it was green and dressed in plants.

Percy was driving while me and Tyson were fighting, Tyson still played with the trinket Beckendorf gave him.

His real name was Charles but no one really called him that. We were friends, but not like really close friends.

All I knew was that he definitely had something for silena from Aphrodite's cabin. "Is friend okay?" Tyson asked me, he insisted on still calling me friend.

"I'm nervous." I gave him a small smile "no need to be nervous, I'll protect you!" He laughed holding up his hand for a high-five.

A conch horn blew and the games officially started. Apollos cabin was down first, which was oddly embarrassing with how much talking they do.

All the sudden these pigeons start attacking the campers, the spectators, and even the people on the chariots.

Everybody started to scramble and shout, I pull out my sword as a bird swooped towards me and it cut at my eye. Luckily I was able to slice it before it did anything else.

The Apollo cabin held their arrows up to the birds but with the people running around it was to crowded.

"Chirons music! We need something to distract them!" Percy suggested "we need to get to the big house!"

Us four, me, AnnaBeth, Percy, and Tyson all run towards the big house and up to chirons apartment. We grabbed his 80 pound boombox and a random mix tape.

When we got outside and played the music it did something to the bird and the kids in Apollo cabins were able to kill the birds.

In seconds the ground was littered with dead birds, which was not a pleasant sight at all. I also knew I would spend most of my time in the infirmary again.

"Bravo, we have our winners!" Tantalus shouted to Clarisse whose chariot was across the finish line. "Now to punish these trouble makers. Who disrupted this race."

Guess who got blamed for the pigeons attacking. Me, Percy, AnnaBeth, and Tyson all got blamed for the pigeons.

Tantalus said that our horrible driving disrupted the stymphalian pigeons and caused them to attack which was definitely unfair.

He sent us to kitchen patrol, which meant cleaning the dishes underground with the cleaning harpies. But instead of water they used lava.

So me Percy and AnnaBeth all had to wear asbestos gloves and aprons which were not a good look. Tyson had a blast cleaning.

The only good part was it gave all of us alot of time to talk. "If he really found it... we could bring
It back.." I mutter to AnnaBeth but Percy cut me off.

"Whatever this is, you two act like it's the only thing in the world that can save camp. So what is it?" Percy asked and AnnaBeth answered for me.

"What do you get when you skin a ram?" AnnaBeth asked Percy and I swear he gave the most stupidest answer back known to man.

"Messy?" It was hard to hold back my laugh, and when I did he rolled his eyes throwing his arms down with a scoff.

"A fleece, seaweed brain. The coat of a ram is called a fleece!" AnnaBeth scolded him, "the grey sisters, they said they knew the location of the thing you seek."

I started to feel completely hopeless again because I had no idea what they were talking about or no idea how to help them.

AnnaBeth started to explain the story of the real fleece. "What's wrong with friend?" Tyson asked me and I blurred out the sound of the two arguing behind me.

"I'm fine, thank you." I gave the boy a smile and continued to scrub the dishes next to him. "Friend is sad."

"I'm not sad, just bothered." I looked down, "it could cure thalias tree!" Percy argued but AnnaBeth shook her head "it would, but don't you think they've made it too easy? It may be a trap."

Percy groaned "we would have to face the worst cyclops there is, we have to sail through the sea of monsters." The two continued to argue and argue.

Just like mount Olympus and the underworld the sea of monsters moved around from place to place, there wasn't a direct location for it either.

Percy started going off about how the sea was his "home turf" , ( he's been the son of posiden for only a year)

"ALL I KNOW IS WE NEED A QUEST, AND WE ARE GOING TO DO IT AT THE BONFIRE."

.
.
.
RETURN TO ME.