12. 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐌𝐄.

RETURN TO ME.

CHAPTER TWELVE: COMFORT ME.

"WE AINT KIDS NO MORE, WE'LL NEVER BE THOSE KIDS AGAIN."
- FRANK OCEAN.

PERCY JACKSONWe didn't have enough people to battle Polyphemus, a hit from my sword barely weakened him

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

PERCY JACKSON
We didn't have enough people to battle Polyphemus, a hit from my sword barely weakened him. "Sawyer and Grover get her to the bridge!"

I shouted in hope that they could hear me, I could tell AnnaBeth was injured. I knew Sawyer was about to start freaking out too because of it.

"Clarisse fall back!" I yelled as we ran towards the bridge in a hurry. When we were over I tried to cut the ropes but Polyphemus jumped over.

"Nowhere for nobody to run now!" He giggled, hitting Grover and pushing him down. I tried to swipe his legs but he picked me up.

I dropped riptide as the giant brings me closer to his face "Polyphemus wins! Big feast tonight!" He laughed and right as he opened his mouth a rock flew into it.

Luckily it did enough so that the giant dropped me to the ground then Polyphemus fell back into the mountain.

"Bad Polyphemus!" A voice shouted which made my head snap in its direction. When I saw who it was a weight was instantly lifted off of my chest.

"Big guy!" I shouted "not all cyclops are nice.." he whined but that didn't matter, I ran to him and gave him a hug that should've crushed me. "How are you alive?" I made sure to check if he was real.

"Fish ponies, we were looking for you!" Tyson explained "I smelled lots of sheep." He giggled "guys! AnnaBeths hurt!" Sawyer pulled us out of our conversation.

We ran over to the rest of the group, "she's not gonna make it, she needs ambrosia and Olympian nectar.. she needs someone else." Her voice was shaky.

"She won't make it back, we need someone here fast." I look around trying to find something "the fleece! Tyson grab it!"

Tyson handed me the fleece as I place it under her head as a pillow. A couple seconds later AnnaBeths eyes shot open.

"What happened? Why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked like nothing else happened, "you basically just died." Sawyer replied to her

"Can you get up?" I asked "watch me." AnnaBeth rolled her eyes but sawyer made an attempt to stop her "AnnaBeth you shouldn't you just-"

Obviously AnnaBeth didn't listen to her, standing up fully. Polyphemus growled from the mountain as his hand appeared on the edge.

"Time to go!" I grabbed the fleece and we started to run to the beach, "rainbow!" Tyson shouted towards the beach, 3 hippocampi emerged out the water.

"Rainbow did you miss me?" Tyson asked "not now!l I groaned at him I mounted one of the hippocampi's, sawyer sitting behind me and AnnaBeth and Clarisse sit on another. Tyson and Grover on another ..

Both of them looked nervous, Grover picking at his horns and nervously playing his lead pipes. "Take us to the mainland! Quick!" I said to the hippocampi.

The island started to turn brown and the trees started dying, "what's happening?" I asked Sawyer and she sighed.

"It's reverting to its natural state since we took the fleece, let's just hope it's enough to save camp."

"It's been ten days since we left camp!" Sawyer complained holding a newspaper as she rested in the cabana chair we found on Miami Beach.

"Thalia's tree must be dying!" AnnaBeth added "we need to get the fleece tonight!" Everyone started to talk at the same time.

"Clarisse what did the oracle tell you exactly?l I said louder than the rest.

YOU SHALL SAIL THE IRON SHIP
WITH WARRIORS OF BONE
YOU SHALL FIND WHAT YOU SEEK
AND MAKE IT YOUR OWN.
BUT DESPAIR YOUR LIFE ENTOMBED
WITHIN STONE AND FAIL
WITHOUT FRIENDS,
TO FLY HOME ALONE.

"I think I've got it.. everyone pool your cash." I looked and sawyer for a second, to see if she understood. She just gave me a quick nod.

All of us held out an empty hand "all I have is green paper." Tyson held a stack of money in his hand. Gods was I thankful for him.

"Did you rob a bank or something, my gods that's a lot!" Sawyer teased the cyclops. "It was in the duffel bags, I thought I was a treat for rainbow."

"Clarisse take the fleece back to camp." I ordered her. "Really? You trust me?" She asked and I nodded "it's your quest after all."

"It's what the oracle meant, you wouldn't get the fleece without our help. But you would take it back to camp without us." Sawyer spoke up.

"You can count on me, I won't fail!" Clarisse hung the fleece over her back and started running down the beach with the cash in her hand.

"Not Failing would be nice." Sawyer joked, her feet dug into the sand. I think if she could've she would've stayed here for the rest of the summer.

"You realize you just put every Demi-gods life in the hands of Clarisse and her getting back to camp of time?" AnnaBeth crossed her arms

"I've got faith in her she deserves a chance to complete her quest." I stood up for her, "come on, let's find a new way home."

Right as I said the word "home." The stupid bears twins showed up again, with their stupid spears. And even more stupider leader.

"Hey cuz, welcome back to the states!" He said in a fake cheerful accent that made me want to punch him in the face.