4. 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐌𝐄

RETURN TO ME

CHAPTER 4: DISGUISE ME.

"IVE DESTROYED MYSELF JUST FOR YOU."
-MONTEL FISH.

PERCY JACKSONEveryone was at the camp fire, the Apollo kids trying to lead a sing along

PERCY JACKSON
Everyone was at the camp fire, the Apollo kids trying to lead a sing along. We all sang halfhearted, the fire barely even there.

The fire will change color and height depending on how well the crowd does. I've seen a twenty foot purple fire once.

Me, AnnaBeth, sawyer, and Tyson were all sitting together and this other guy named carsen. Sawyer was sleeping, her head rested on Carsens shoulder.

I didn't know why but I had this feeling in my stomach, and I tried to look away from the guy but I just couldn't.

She has been working her ass off in the infirmary with all the fights campers have had to do, anyone could tell that girl was constantly struggling to stay awake and on alert.

Tantalus was an evil man, and I don't think he was up to any good. Camp was supposed to be fun but he made it a living hell.

He was just about to tell the schedule for tomorrow but I cut him off. "Sir." I interrupted, and he looked at me and I swore he rolled his eyes.

"Our kitchen boy has something to say!" He announced to the whole camp "we have an idea to save the camp. We know where the Golden Fleece is"

Tantalus didn't look impressed at all "Well if it had anything to do with the chariots.." he started to track off

"The Golden Fleece can save the camp." AnnaBeth cut in to remind everyone what the fleece could do. The fire turned a bright orange.

"None sense! We don't need a quest!" Tantalus argued but the campers went against him, they started chanting "we need a quest!"

Tantalus tried to protest but no one could hear him over the campers "fine! You brats want a quest?"
He started rambling, the one shall consult the oracle. Take three along and blah blah,

"The champion should be one who has earned the camps respect.. Clarisse!" He shouted and the fire flicked different colors as the ares cabin stood up and started cheering.

"Wait!" I shouted standing up, "Grover is my friend, the dream came to me! No one would know if it wasn't for me!" I tried to make a point but no one listened.

"Sit down! You had your chance last summer!" One from the ares cabin yelled and then another one, "I Clarisse, the daughter of Ares, will save the camp!" They all started to cheer louder.

Everybody started to take sides, shouting and arguing. I looked to my side and saw sawyer who was now awake, she sat down with her head to the ground.

She bounced her leg and played with her hands nervously, I always knew she had this thing with arguing. I knew she stayed at camp to get rid of it too.

"Silence and sit down you brats!" Tantalus ordered, "I'm going to tell you a ghost story." I don't think anyone wanted to listen.

He went on and on and on then said something about the harpies eating us if we are out past the curfew which literally sucked.

THAT NIGHT, SAWYER KRATOS

"Percy!" I called out his name, my knife in my hand. We heard him shouting so we all thought something was wrong.

Out of everything he looked peaceful as ever. "We heard you yelling.." AnnaBeth tried to explain as she noticed the four bags in front of him.

"Just listen, we don't have a lot of time." Percy started to talk. There was screeching in the distance from the harpies ready to eat. "we will get expelled, and I know alot about getting expelled." Percy explained.

"So? If we fail there will be no camp to come back too." the two started to bicker back and forth again, then about Tyson coming along. "Percy we are in a hurry!" I tried to break up the two bickering as Percy tried to call to his dad.

"Fish Ponies!" Tyson squealed "Hippocampi!" I added "Their beautiful." Annbeth mumbled the harpies yelling behind us getting closer and closer. "Come on grab a duffel bag!" we each grab a duffel bag and mounted the Hippocampi's.

when we got closer to the ship it read "Princess Andromeda." we pulled up next to a safety ladder and all climbed up it, well accept for Tyson who was laughing at his hippocampi doing back flips in the water.

Percy tried to get Tyson out of the water "Cant we bring Rainbow?" Tyson asked and Percy looked at him oddly, repeating the name back to him. They both started to cry as Tyson left the hippocampi, complaining about wanting to see Rainbow again tomorrow.

The place was a literal ghost town, no one was there and it was empty. But something felt off. "Its a ghost ship." Percy mumbled. "No, Bad feeling." Tyson informed Percy. "Yeah, something isnt right here."

Kids of Apollo could sometimes sense attacks, big or little. But never have I gotten a feeling like this before. Something was playing with us. "They can smell monsters." Percy informed annabeth who took tysons comment seriously.

"We need a hiding spot, somewhere to sleep." Percy suggested and right on cue annabeth yawned. we found an empty suit on the ninth floor and finally opened the duffel bags for the first time.

We had clothes, Toiletries, and I even found a small nightlight in mine, Hermes was the god of travel after all. Me and annabeth slept in the same bed while percy and tyson did.. whatever.

the next morning we all woke up to the ships morning announcement. I heard AnnaBeth groan next to me and mumble 'what the hell.'

It was weird, because who was that to exactly? It was just us here. I quickly knocked on Percy's door who was next to us and it opened.

" IT ISNT A GHOST SHIP ANYMORE."

.
.
.
RETURN TO ME.