7. 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄.

RETURN TO ME

CHAPTER 7: TRUST ME

"I WANTED TO BE YOUR WOMAN, I WANTED TO BE YOUR MAN. I WANTED TO BE THE ONE THAT YOU COULD UNDERSTAND."

— BIG THEIF MUSIC

PERCY JACKSON"Thermos!" Percy shouted, we hurtled towards the water quickly

PERCY JACKSON
"Thermos!" Percy shouted, we hurtled towards the water quickly. "What?!" Annabeth shouted back. "Hold tight!" I tried to warn her "I am holding on you moron!" she said full of attitude "well hold tighter!" I groaned.

Tyson was bale to look through my duffel bag and grab the thermos  Hermes have given me, Tyson grabbed all of us by the shirts and I gave the Thermos a  quarter turn. When we hit the ocean we bumped around like  a skipping stone.

As we raced across the ocean me and Annabeth tried to send a iris message to chiron but the connection was poor and was hard to send. I think Tyson and Sawyer were both sleeping, or atleast Sawyer was because it looked like she was dead.

When we finally got a good enough connection we prayed for the rainbow goddess to accept our message and show us chiron. There was rock music playing and flashing lights around him.

"Percy! You have to watch out for-" He yelled but his voice was drowned out by anothers loud shouting behind him. "Curse my relatives!" Chiron groaned in frustrations. "Miami! Ill try and watch." the Iris message then  disappeared.

We arrived at the Chesapeake bay next, we rode down this sandbar until Annabeth told us to stop and we all got off.  A snake slithered past my foot and Sawyer had a heart attack. "Ew! Oh my gosh!" She practically screamed when she saw it.

"I cant do this! Im going back to the boat and back to camp!" she cried, starting to back up as she jumped around on the trail. "Its a snake sawyer your fine." Annabeth groaned smacking her head.

"Nope!" She repeated a couple times "Find somebody else im not doing that!" Sawyer complained as she tried not to look at the ground, the snake was already long gone by now. I Held out my hand for her to take.

"Come on, trust me youll be okay." I tried to reassure her.  She took my hand and whined "Im never going on a quest again!" She covered her eyes with her free hand. We continued walking, I had to pay attention to both my surroundings and trying to keep sawyer from running into a tree.

She kept her eyes closed until we found a camouflaged shelter. "A half-blood hide-out." I mumbled under my breath. "You made this place?" I asked and Annabeth nodded, "Me, Sawyer, and Thalia." she paused for a couple seconds.

"Plus Luke." Annabeth looked at the ground. I didn't know why but I had this feeling in my stomach like I was uncomfortable but that was the word. I was jealous. Annabeth laid down on the blankets and made it clear she didn't want to talk.

"Do you think Luke will look for us here?" I ask and Sawyer answered so annabeth didn't have to, "We made a dozen of these, I doubt he remembers them or even where any of them were." I didnt even realize she was still holding my hand until she let go, and almost immediate did it feel like something was missing.

She sat down next to Annabeth and messed through her duffel bag humming to herself. Collecting the tin of nectar and placing it in her bag. "Tyson why dont you go outside scouting for convenience stores?" I asked, Annabeth snoring next to us.

"Convenience store?" Tyson repeated back to me  and  I nodded "Like powered donuts..?" I say unsure and he nodded walking outside and started calling for the wild donuts. I sat down and leaned my back up against the wall "Im sorry.. about all the stuff with Luke." I said softly.

"Its not your fault.." she mumbled as she played with her hands. I wanted to bring up what he said but I knew it wasn't the time "He let us go to early, 'they'll take the bait'" I repeated back to her.

"And what does he mean Thalias would've taken his side, been with Kronos." I asked her again, but my mind kept wandering and wondering. My ADHD on high.  "Hes wrong." Sawyer raised her voice slightly causing annabeth to mumble and roll over.

"Are you sure.. you dont seem sure." I noted and she sighs. "I dont know Percy, You remind me of Thalia so much it scares me sometimes. I cant tell if you guys would be best friends or would kill each other."

"Lets go with best friends." I joked and I finally got a laugh out of her, to be honest I haven't heard her laugh since we talked over the school year. "Thalia got angry with her dad often, Say if you got mad at your dad would you try to destroy Olympus?" She asked

"No." I responded back quickly "Exactly, Lukes wrong. Thalia would never do that." sawyer protested her back leaned up against my side. I wanted to ask her about the prophecy but I need she didn't want too, but I still longed for the whys.

"What about luke talking about tyson and cyclops?" I asked her next "Cyclops were the real reason thalia died.. Six years ago it happened and ive tried to let go of it." She got cut off bu TYson entering with a pastry box

"Powered donuts!" He said loud and proud waking up Annabeth up right "Where did you get those? We are in the middle of the wilderness." Annabeth asked but Sawyer didnt seem to care "Great job Tyson!" She praised grabbing a donut from the box.

"Monster donut shop over the hill!" He  put down the box and just as sawyer was about to take a bit annabeth slapped her hand away. "You dont know what are in those!" She scolded but sawyer took a bit anyways.

"A girl gotta eat." She mumbled shrugging her shoulders. "That is not good." Annabeth groaned, we were now crouching behind a tree looking at the shop that read

MONSTER DONUTS.

"This is wrong.. it shoudlnt be here." Annabeth whispered "Why are we whispering? its just us." We started to argue back and forth about chains, annabeth explaining hermes stuff. I hadnt even realized Tyson and Sawyer had already eaten almsot a half a dozen.

"Guys." Sawyer said suddenly, her tone sharp as in a warning.

"NO ONE MAKE SUDDEN MOVMENTS, TURN AROUND VERY SLOWLY."

.
.
.
RETURN TO ME.