8. 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄.

RETURN TO ME

CHAPTER 8: SHATTER ME

"OH IM JUST A KID , OH IM NO LONGER A KID."
- CURRENT JOYS.

SAWYER KRATOSwe all turned around, and the first thing I noticed was the seven necks then the reptilian head and skin

SAWYER KRATOS
we all turned around, and the first thing I noticed was the seven necks then the reptilian head and skin. Literally my worse nightmare come true. The only thing I could read before I covered myself in a dome was that it wore a bib that read

"IM A MONSTER DONUT KID!"

I know what you're thinking "What does she mean covering herself in a dome?" Well let me explain, Kids of Apollo have this power where we can create a protective dome of light and heat around us. No one can enter without getting severely dehydrated or even fainting. Of course it drains us of our energy, but who cares?

It didn't usually happen, I went a whole three years without it happening. I think it has something to do with snakes, or somethings sets off in my body that triggers it.

It's not like I wanted to create the dome right then and there but its used a defense mechanism and I haven't quiet learned how to control it yet. "Scatter!" Was all I heard as annabeth yelled "Sawyer what did you do!" Percy huffed.

I didn't even think about what my friends saw, or what they would think. Maybe that I'm a coward, or I wanted them to fight for themselves.

"I can't control it I don't know how to turn it off!" I shouted but I wasn't sure if they could even hear me. "Percy no don't cut the hea-" Annabeth was cut off by Percy.

I head heard the story of Hercules battling the hydra. When you would cut off a head it would grow two more. I didn't know what was happening, and believe me I wanted to leave and help but I couldn't turn it off.

Then I heard the sound of a steamship, then clarisees voice. Which was weird because there were other people talking too. Then out of nowhere the dome disappeared and I could see what had happened.

The hydra was gone, and the three were covered in green slime like stuff and it was gross. "You should've helped us!"  Annabeth shouted and I felt guiltier than ever because she was right. "I wanted to but I cant control-" I got cut off my clarisse.

"Losers!" She shouted with a laugh. " I supposed I've come to the rescue, Come aboard." we all got on the CSS Birmingham. Clarisse started to tease us almost immediately. "You guys are in so much trouble!" She snickered an amused look on her face.

"Tantalus banned you guys for life. Mr.D said he'll turn you guys into squirrels if you guys ever come back" she laughed "Who gave you the boat? Did the camp?" Percy asked "My father did." She said proudly.

"You think your daddy is the only one with sea powers? The spirits on the losing side owe a tribute to my father." She teased Percy. I tried to pay attention to what they were saying but my mind couldn't stay focused.

"Clarisse, We saw Luke. We think he may be after the Fleece too, he's got the coordinates and-" Annabeth got cut off "I'll blow him out the water!" Her voice was full of pride. Annabeth offered to help.

"No! This is my quest! You guys got your chance last year!" She raised her voice out of nowhere, her body stood up in a defensive matter.

"Where are your cabin mates?" Percy asked, his hair still covered in the slime. "They stayed behind." She admitted "to protect camp."

AnnaBeth of course had to make a snarky comment again. "So your own cabin mates wouldn't help you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up prissy! I don't need them! I don't need any of you!" She shouted "tantalus is using you. He doesn't care about the camp he's setting you up to fail." Percy tried to warn her.

"I don't care what the oracle-" Clarisse stopped her self before she could finish. "What did the oracle say Clarisse?" I finally spoke up, it's not like really wanted to know but I could atleast figure some part of it out.

We talked for a little longer, Clarisse still rejecting any help until she told one of the dead workers to assign us hammocks downstairs.

I laid down in my hammock, Tyson and Percy already asleep. "Are you still awake Grace?" I heard AnnaBeth asked.

I don't know why she called me that, it just reminded me of Thalia. "Yes." I answered back shortly. "What did Luke mean that you could understand the prophecies?" she asked.

I went silent for a couple seconds, I knew the answer but I didn't know how to say it. "I can understand it To some extent, but we don't like to talk about it.." I paused.

"We can kinda sense when something of the oracle is about to happen to.. but I haven't really experienced much of it yet." I shrugged.

"So you know about the great prophecy and about Percy turning sixteen?" AnnaBeth asked, Percy popped his head up from his hammock.

"Yeah! What about me turning sixteen?" He groaned. "You don't understand Percy." I mumbled "you can't know yet."

"Go back to sleep seaweed brain! Girl talk!" AnnaBeth scolded him, Tyson still snoring besides Percy.

PERCY JACKSON
I think today was my worst nightmare yet, my empathy link with Grover caused me to spiral. Prometheus was getting more suspicious and Grover was running out of time.

I hated how things were right now, the camp was almost defenseless. I got expelled again for beating cannibals in dodgeball, all I wanted was a normal summer for once

I woke up in a panic, shaken from my nightmare and it didn't help that alarms were blaring through the ship. The captain of the ship yelling.

"Get up yankee, your friends are up on the deck already." The captain said in my face "we are approaching the entrance." He gave me a toothy smile.

"What entrance?" I asked. My eyes narrowed as I asked the question, either way I could tell I would be our last night on the CSS Birmingham.

"THE SEA OF MONSTERS OFCOURSE."

.
.
.
RETURN TO ME