★⏤͟͟͞͞Chapter 20-The heartache of a 'father'⏤͟͟͞͞★

⦅⚠︎𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴! 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝚂𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍!⚠︎⦆

【Nightmare's POV】
"Quiet Dream! We don't want mom seeing us in her dream!" I hissed softly at him, Dream puts down the photo and gave me an apologetic smile "Sorry....I just didn't expect mom was actually married...How come she never mentioned it to us?.." I sigh in annoyance "Mom doesn't need to tell us EVERYTHING about her life.......this seems like a sensitive topic to bring up to her considering the negativity lingering in air..."

Dream frowns "That does seem like the case....Do you think something happened to them that left a bad taste on mom?" I could only shrug "We'll just have to look around and find out." I was honestly very worried about mom, I could tell Dream does as well so we just did exactly what we came here for and looked around.

We stopped just outside the living room and saw our dear mother, the kid and her supposed 'wife', for some reason, I really dislike this redhead but that's probably because she had harmed mom, there wouldn't be any reason that she'd be so tense if this woman did something to mom.

"Papa! Mama! Look what I made!" The little girl exclaimes excitedly, she presented mom with a small doll that vaguely looks like mom, mother smiles softly and pats her head "Good job sweetie! Looks great!" She praised before looking at the woman at her side "Ain't that right love?" The woman smiles "Absolutely! Looks exactly like your father!" She says as playfully tapped the little girl's nose, the girl beams brightly at the both of them before continuing to make another small doll.

Mom leans back on the couch and pulled the woman in her embrace, peppering small kisses on her face which the woman smiles at her, mom looks so happy with them....so why exactly is there an air of negativity in this supposed happy dream? Suddenly everything turned dark before the scene changed, we were still in the house but some things had changed so this should have happened at a later date.

Me and Dream looked at each other, we're both worried about the sudden shift because the negativity in this dream had turned heavy but continued to watch and see, after all, we can't really do anything to change mom's dream, that would make her notice our presence.

The woman entered the living room with a set of papers in her hand, she sat on the couch and laid the papers on the coffee table, reading through it, after a few minutes, the little girl entered the living room as well excitedly and ran up to the woman to show her craftsmanship, a mini house made of popsicle sticks and bbq sticks, it seems that the girl had put her heart and soul into making it seeing how well made it is.

The woman glanced at the girl shortly with a hint of irritation and......fear? Why the hell is she scared of the kid? She seems absolutely harmless.

"What is it 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘪? Can't you see I'm busy?" She spoke harshly, the girl, Mari, initial excitement diminished slightly, her smile dropping a bit, now not as excited as before and instead was a bit more timid, she hesitantly presented the little house to her "W-Well! I-I made this! It's a mini model of our house! So...So we can display the dolls I made with the house!" She expresses with hesitant excitement and also a hopeful look in her eyes as she looked at the woman.

The woman sneers "Is that all? You disturbed me just because you wanted to present your useless and stupid little craft?" Mari falters, her hands presenting the build dropped down as she looked at the woman, her mother, calling the little house she spent days on making through blood and tears, useless and useless.