Birds of a Feather

Mytho and I turned to face Drosselmeyer hate in our eyes. I spat at him "It was you! I knew something was wrong!" I had felt that feeling again of being a puppet.

Drosselmeyer just smiled with a manic glee in his eyes, "It cannot be wrong dear Duck unless I decide it is wrong. Like your relationship with Fakir."

"What?!" Did that mean he had forced Fakir to fall in love with Pike? That Fakir really wanted to stay with me after all? I tried to run forward not entirely sure what I would do but Mytho caught me.

"Duck, remember we are doing this for my son." He whispered it in my ear, keeping an eye on Drosselmeyer. I forced myself to calm down, and try and remember why I was here. Adelberto, Rue and Mytho's son not Fakir. I straightened my back and tried to project with all of my might the image of a swan, graceful, elegant. I couldn't hold it though. Seeing Drosselmeyer made all of my insecurities return and I could feel the quack coming up my throat. Mytho gave me a look of concern and Drosselmeyer's smile grew even wider.

"Are you turning back little Duck? What a pity, only Princess Tutu could save Adelberto." I froze. Adelberto's heart....He couldn't of have...Not like his father...

Drosselmeyer seemed to read my fears off my face "Oh no, dear Duck. A wise author does not repeat his stories. I may have included some old character's but trust me when I say the plot is quite....innovative." He started to pace the forest floor, and I noticed we were surrounded by darkness. "I was so happy to work with you all again, but some of the character's are a tad moody about the events of the previous book--"

Mytho broke in "My son where is he?"

Drosselmeyer's smile looked predatory, "He's spending some time with family."

Mytho face turned first to confusion, then fear, "You didn't give my son to the..."

"Raven you mean?Oh I guess you could say I did...Well his body at least." Drosselmeyer suddenly smiled, a malicious gleam in his eyes, "But what use is a body without a soul?" I rushed forward hoping to take advantage of his distraction but he quickly vanished. How did we let him escape us again? And what had he given Mytho?

I turned around to face him seeing him hold a raven in terror. Was the white raven supposed to be some sort of symbol? I tried to shake those thoughts out of my head. We needed to get to his son. The Raven could be a clue of sorts. "Maybe we can force the raven to lead us back to your son."

He turned to look at me with fury in his eyes."The raven is my son!"

"What?" I looked at the raven and found out he did have Rue's eyes. And I guessed that answered the question of if the white hair was genetic.

"I guess Drosselmeyer really does have a strange thing for birds." Mytho glared at me. I raised my hands in a peace gesture. "What? Just trying to make light of a bad situation. At least he's not a--" I had to hold my throat because suddenly it felt tight and I knew why when a second later a "Quack!" Came out.

I felt myself fall to the ground and my clothes fall around me. I guess some plot points were going to stay the same.