Something Forgotten

I stared at Fakir, still not believing he was really here. The last time I had seen him had been almost 50 years ago, and even then he'd been lying on his death bed, so old that the gleam that had once been in his eyes had vanished.
He reached a hand out to me and frowned when I flinched away from him. "Duck, what's the matter?"
I had to remind myself he didn't know anything, and put the smile on my face. It had been so long that the muscles almost burned from the effort. "Nothing Fakir. We really should get going. We need to catch up with M--" I stopped remembering the anger in his face the last time I'd seen him. If I just showed up with Fakir now, I was almost certain that he'd just be even more convinced that I was Drosselmeyer's puppet. And who knew how Fakir would react if he heard that. I looked at him from underneath my eyelashes, it had been so long but I still wanted him to think the best of me. If Mytho told him what had happened, he'd hate me. And I couldn't bear that. So I knew I had to lie. I widened my eyes and whispered up at him "We need to trail Mytho. He's under Drosselmeyer's spell again."
Fakir gasped, "Again? Did he get taken over by a heart shard again?"
I nodded, glad that this at least was half true, then frowned when I realized exactly how stuck in the past he was. I was going to have to tell him a little more than I'd like too. "Fakir, things aren't exactly how you remember them."
He gave me a strange look, "What do you mean?"
He was so close and I had missed him so much that I reached for his hand subconsciously, and as soon as I touched it I felt sparks running down my arms. I quickly dropped his hand and turned away as I felt my face start to burn. I couldn't believe just grabbing his hand had made me blush. What was wrong with me?
"Duck?" He grabbed my hand and turned me to face him to try and get my attention, "What were you going to say?"
I felt my thoughts swirling around in my head with his touch and all my previous thoughts had started to slip from my head. I started to walk faster and just shrugged knowing he'd see the motion even from behind. I must have been going to say something unimportant, right?
----------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
It's been a while since the last update sorry! Things have been super hectic lately, so I just got the chance to write and I've go some questions for you guys!
What do you think of Fakir being back?
Do you think Duck's turning back into her previous self with him?
What do you think Mytho and Adelberto will think of him?
Comment/Vote to tell me your opinion, I love your input!