Just a Little Piece of my Heart

Mytho and I stared in shock at the sword. It looked exactly as it had all those years ago when we all thought our story had ended.
"What's wrong?" Adelberto reached towards me, but I backed away. The fact that he had that sword meant Drosselmeyer had obviously taken back control.
Mytho managed to say, rather shaken, "I destroyed that sword when we came back to the story, Adelberto. It shouldn't be here."
Adberto held the sword to his chest, a protective look on his face. "Why would you destroy something like this?"
Mytho stepped towards him and Adelberto just gripped the sword even tighter to his chest. "Son, that sword has never helped anything. Trust me," He suddenly looked back at me and said "Trust us."
I nodded and looked at the sword, which looked gleamed like silver. "Look around you Adelberto." I stretched my hands out to the path, and the woods beyond it. "Is anything here what it seem? " He slowly nodded no. "Why would this sword be any different? It was destroyed years ago and yet here we find it in perfect condition. No good can come of this."
"But Duck, how can I help you again without the sword?"
Mytho frowned in concentration "We can always find another sword, son."
"Not like this one!" He paced and said "Even with a sword you couldn't have fought your way out of that crowd and if you hadn't, then you and Duck would've been dead!" He looked towards me and then towards the ground, "I couldn't, I couldn't take that."
Mytho looked between us again and the suspicion reappeared in his eyes, "Son you don't--"
Then laughter broke out, and the sound seemed to come from everywhere around us, and eyes appeared that lit up a landscape that was black once again. Drosselmeyer smiled "The story is preceding exactly as I hoped it would."
Mytho ran to my side and Adelberto ran in front of  me and help his sword up to the voice. "Drosselmeyer! What have you done to me this time?! How am I a human again?!" Desperation was clear in his voice.
Drosselmeyer smile broke across the sky and the gleam of his teeth covered everything in a white light. "Just ask Duck, I've always thought that the most interesting stories are filled with tragedy. And what's more tragic than two people who can't ever say they--" then he stopped abruptly and started to laugh. "I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise."
"What surprise?!"Mytho cried out in exasperation, not satisfied to let Adelberto demand the answers.
Drosselmeyer smiled and just said, "It already seems like that swords captured Adelberto's heart."
And with that he vanished.
Leaving me and Mytho to stare in shock once again at a sword adorned with a heart shaped red jewel.