Petty differences

I scrambled away from the edges of the water. I would not let the man who had ruined my life touch me. Then felt something I hadn't felt for years. A transformation. I was no longer awkward preteen in my human form though, I had finally grown into the potential I had hoped for as a girl, but without Fakir... it was meaningless. Mytho stared at me in wonder, "Duck you finally turned into a swan!" He said it innocently but it was just another fire lit in my heart. "Mytho why are you here? I thought you went off to live your happily ever after with Rue?" Scorn clearly showed in my retort and Mytho's stunned expression made my bitter heart a little bit melancholic. I remembered when he was my life, when I would give up everything to make him smile. He looked at me aghast, "What happened to my lovely duck who couldn't say a mean word to anyone?" I looked at him with a smile that didn't reach my eyes. "She gave up everything for a boy who left her for someone else, and couldn't be with the one she loved because she was a duck." I suddenly thought of something, " Mayhaps my kindness was just the piece of your heart I had controlling my actions. Either way I not only don't care why your here, I also want you to leave." He looked so disappointed in me, how funny. He carefully articulated his response. " I know you hate me but this isn't't about our petty differences." I raised my eyebrows but before I could say a word he held up his hand. "It is my child, Drosselmeyer has taken him."