Here We Go Again

I sat in the car with Mytho tapping my fingers on the window. He glanced overat me and I could see his apprehension and could guess what he was thinking. "No Mytho. We don't have to talk. I don't want to talk. I am only here so we can find Drosselmeyer and rescue your son. I quite frankly don't want to hear your voice unless it is absolutely necessary." He looked guilty "That seems fair. I know that Rue and I missed out on a lot of things while we were back in the story but Duck, what happened to you? Why are you so bitter?" I looked at him and raised my eyebrows " Do you really want to know?" He knodded but his grip tightened on the steering wheel all the same. "Well first I realized I was stuck as a duck forever and the man I had loved cursed me with that so he could live happily with someone else. Then I realized my love for Fakir at about the same time as he realized that I was eternally a duck. To conclude we miserably spent his life trying to turn me back into a human and then he died." The memories brought tears into my eyes and I could see him regarding me with pity. He opened his mouth as if to say something and I held up my hand "Don't say a word." I glared at him bitterly almost all my pity gone. I glanced out the window "Where are we anyway?" He answered me carefully, " We are at where we must enter the book." I tried not to let my outer feelings show but I was terrified and angry. Here we go again....