Three

Bucky looked around at the small group of them. It had been nine days when he had told her of his plan, and she had somehow managed to get quite a few on board with it. He knew if he had come out with it himself, this lot would probably call him crazy or ratted him out for it. He smiled across to her, if anyone could pull people together, it was her. Parker, Shuri, Harley, Aneka, Okoye, Ayo, Pepper, Morgan and Thor were all in agreement, and were on their side to want to change the past.

'I have no idea what they're talking about..'.. Pepper says, from next to him, nodding to the four geniuses around the table, talking out the plans and schematics for the machine.

'Me either, but if anyone can do this, it's them..'.. He let out a little breath... 'Thank you, for agreeing to this..'

He felt a hand to his back, turning his head and seeing compassion in her eyes... 'We know it wasn't you..'.. He knew what she meant... 'And I'm sorry you've had to live with it, but Morgan and I, we don't hate you for what happened, and I know Tony was angry at first, but he came to see the truth. I just wish he could have spoken with you..'

'I really am so-..'..

'No..'.. Pepper shook her head... 'You have nothing to be sorry for Bucky. We've all seen who you really are, and there is no one else more deserving to carry on that shield..'

Bucky just nodded, not sure what else to say. He cleared his throat, glancing over to her and seeing that she was in a deep conversation with Thor... 'So, what's really going on with you two?..'.. Pepper asked quietly.

'Nothing, we're just friends, she's my best friend..'.. Bucky said, still watching her.

'Its more than that, we can all see it. You love her, she loves you. You know, if you made a move, I'm sure she'd be happy about it..'.. He felt Pepper give his arm a squeeze.

'Its not like that Pep..'.. Bucky tore his eyes from her and to Pepper... 'Its hard to explain, but I'm not what she needs..'

'Now that's a lie if I ever heard one, and I was married to Tony..'.. Pepper laughed quietly.

He shook his head... 'I'm too old for her, and she's going back to the past, nothing good will come from trying anything with her..'

'Ah..'.. He saw understanding in Peppers eyes... 'Is that why you want her to go back?..'

He opened and closed his mouth a few times... 'No, if she goes back, she can save everyone..'

'That's a lot of pressure to have on her shoulders. You don't know what could happen to her? You forget, there was a lot of bad that followed after New York..'.. Pepper tells him and he sighed.

'I know, I know there pressure, risks, dangers. I know the worst could happen to her, but I believe in her Pep, I believe she can do this..'.. He says.

'So do I..'.. Morgan joins them both... 'We all believe in Sarge, she's got this..'.. She shrugged... 'I'm not worried, though..'.. Morgan rocked her head from side to side... 'I kinda wish I could see how she handles everyone. I know she's still angry at Rogers for leaving you, and I'd love to see her with Fury, oh and Loki..'