Nine

Elle traced her lips with her fingers, remembering the kisses, the sex, the time she had been there. She only had a few hours, and they spent almost all of her time in bed. It was incredible, and Elle knew, no other guy could ever compare. Bucky had asked some questions, while he traced her tattoos, but never asked about them. She kept her answers vague, and even one point he flat out asked her if she was an enemy spy, making her laugh.

When her time was almost to an end, he had gone to the bathroom, and in that time, Elle had quickly gotten dressed, and hit her device, before he came back out. She couldn't have stayed there any longer, or her will would've broken.

Sighing at the memory of her return after the test run, she tried to think if Bucky showed any indication that he remembered her, but he had just slipped her tags back on her, when Shuri removed the devices to run diagnostics. Not even ten minutes later, did they get the alarm, that agents had found them, Bishop and Williams leading.

Elle could feel her eyes burning, thinking back to Shuri and her angels rushing out, Parker giving a quick hug and kiss to her head, before assisting Shuri, keeping the agents away. Elle never got the chance to say anything, before Harley put the devices back on her, and she had to leave. Shivering from the cold, she headed back through the window, into her room and closed it, making sure it was locked. She didn't need security, the entire apartment was spelled as a precaution anyway. Stifling a yawn, she checked on Jace in his cot, across from her bed, before heading to her kitchen to clean her cup.

This would be their first night alone, but Elle knew that if she needed any help, she could always portal back to Kamar Taj. Everyone there would jump over each other for the chance to have cuddles with Jace. Brushing her teeth, and yawning again, before heading into bed.

In just an hour, Loki would be here at JDEM, and the battle would begin, though this time, she had to let Loki hurt Coulson, let Fury believe that his agent had died. Elle had plenty of time over the past year, to make the right plans, for each fight, and this one, did involve saving Coulson, and telling him enough, that he would be on her side, and not Furys.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony sighed, watching Pepper go with Coulson, who would drop her off at the airport, so she could get to safety. Of course, now Fury wanted him to play with the others, considering that Romanoffs report said he was a petulant child.

Swiping through the files, he quickly read up on everyone who would be on the team, and about the notes from Dr Selvig, an astrophysicist, who had been recruited for a project involved the sparkly blue cube.

Rubbing both hands over his face, to clear the fog, he sighed getting back to it, when he noticed a steaming hot takeout cup of coffee on the desk. Tony looked around, wondering where it came from... 'Jarvis, who's on this floor?..'

'Just you sir..'..

'Where did this coffee come from?..'.. He asked, leaning forward, to sniff it, and it made his mouth water, with how delicious it was.

'I did not see anyone sir, it appeared on your desk..'..

Tony looked around again, and this time, there was a post it attached to the cup... <Just a friend Stark, but nice to know you've moved on from the pre-pubescent girls, and now with Pepper, someone has to put up with your shit>

Tony sat back, frowning at the note... 'Jarvis, scan heat signatures..'

'There is only yours, sir..'..

Tony had no idea as to who or what did this but he would find out. He tried to ignore the cup as he kept reading, but the smell was making his stomach grumble. He huffed and gave in, snatching up the cup, and taking a sip. It was the most amazing coffee he had ever tasted, and he took another gulp, instantly feeling better. He didn't want to drink the rest, but took little sips as he kept working.