Eighteen

Elle rolled her neck side to side, as she stood in the elevator, heading up to the main floor of the tower. She was tired, and needed a drink, the last few hours had been a bust, and she didn't really want to go straight for Pierce to get to Bucky, she didn't want to deter from the timeline too much, but Jace would be turning two in a couple of months, and it wasn't fair on her son. Though it would be one hell of a long conversation to have with Bucky, having to explain it all, he needed to know.

The elevator stops, the doors opening and she was instantly hit with the sound of Jaces squealing laughter. Just hearing him put her in a better mood. Stepping out, she took a second, seeing the chaos of the large open floor, and chuckled. Watching Tony spin and toss Jace up in the air, surrounded by what she could only describe was the entire inventory of a toy shop, Elle shook her head, walking over, she had no doubt that Tony was a good father to Morgan, and her heart ached, knowing her friend, her niece grew up without him. Hopefully, she could change that outcome.

'You two look like you're having fun..'.. She moved an activity cube off the couch so she could sit, noting crumbs and a pizza box on the coffee table... 'You fed him pizza?..'

'Hey..'.. Tony put Jace down, and her son toddled over to her, covered in streaks of what she could only hope was chocolate... 'You left me unsupervised, what was I supposed to do..'.. He shrugged.

'Do I even want to know what happened in here? Mr I don't like to be handed things, or mess..'.. She nodded to the chaos, scooping Jace up for a hug.

'Again, I was unsupervised. Everything ok? Wasn't something to do with, you know..'.. He moved the pizza box over and sat on the coffee table.

'You can say it, it's just us and Lark is in your system, she'll make sure no one knows..'.. She put Jace back down as he wriggled, wanting to go play... 'Yeah, everything is fine, nothing major, but I will be going out of town soon, for a few months. You won't be able to get a hold of me through Lark, but..'.. She sat up, and pulled a candle from her pocket, holding it out to him... 'If its an absolute emergency, light this in front of a mirror..'

Tony was confused, but he took it, looking it over... 'Explaination would be good..'

'You know I can't say much Tony, but just know there are certain events that have to happen. If Lark deems it important for you to know, she'll send you files. I'll come when I can, just..'.. She sighed... 'I'm one person, trying to save everyone. There are so many more I have to help, all over the world, I'm trying so hard..'

Tony looked at her, and he could see she carried a lot of weight on her shoulders... Can I just ask one thing..'

Elle looked over to Jace as he sat on the floor, with building blocks... 'Sure, but I'm not guaranteed to answer..'

'Do you have someone, anyone you can talk to, about all of this?..'.. He waved a hand around... 'I just think if you had someone who knew it all, they could help you. I know you're here for a reason Elle, but having a friend, a partner even, someone to share this mission of yours with, would be good for you..'

Elle chuckled, turning back to him... 'I got all I need Tony, and I trust you, remember? Not with it all, but with what's important, him..'.. She nodded to Jace... 'And having the help of the smartest man in the world, well, that just a bonus..'