Thirteen

Tony was still hesitant to believe what she said, but she had irrefutable proof, that she was from the future. Granted he still didn't know who she really was, or the real reason as to why she would do something like this, but he did believe that for whatever reason it was, something bad was going to happen, whether it was a year from now or sometime in the next 22 years.

He had watched her, analysed as best he could, when she would talk and move about, but one thing he was certain of, she was definitely dedicated to changing the future, if only for her kid. He worked it out, that when she supposedly arrived last year, she either got pregnant just before or after she had gotten here. Tony guessed it was from before, the sadness in her face when she would look at her son.

There were so many questions he wanted to ask, tests to run on the both of them, files of hers he wanted to see. His need to know, his curiosity was panting like a bitch in heat for it all... 'So..'.. It was his turn for a question... 'Whats your story now, for being here? Considering you're like what?..'.. He peered at her... 'Thirty something, which would mean your younger self is alive, and won't that be an issue?..'

'That's three questions, pick one..'.. She turned back to him after feeding Jace and then settled her baby back in his bassinet.

'That wasn't three, that was one..'.. He frowned.

'That was three so try again with your question..'... She rolled her eyes, settling back into her seat... 'And its your last one for now. I'm starving, tired and need to get Jace home..'

'What I said, as one question..'.. He leaned back in his seat, watching as she rolled her eyes again and sighed deflatedly.

'I have a whole background in place, and as for my younger self, there's no worry, I'll never run into her. So, are you satisfied with what you know now?..'.. She asked, and she stifled a yawn. Tony felt guilty, checking the time and realising they'd been at these questions for a good couple of hours.

'I still have more, but yeah we're done for now..'.. He went quiet as she stood back up, gathering her things... 'This isn't part of the questions, but I'd really like to know..'... She paused and looked at him... 'Why me?..'

The soft smile she gave him, as though she was speaking with an old friend, had him feeling more settled about what she had said... 'Because, there's no one I trust more with this, with my son, than you Mr Stark. I know the man you are, you won't put us at risk, nor will you tell anyone, not even Potts, not without my permission. You are loyal, dedicated, and compassionate, if anyone can handle what I've said, it's you..'.. Her smile turned into a low laugh... 'But don't try creating anything from this, it's the last thing you need..'.. She finished collecting her things.

Tony wondered if it was possible... 'Are you my daughter?..'.. He had to ask, had to know.

'No Mr Stark, I can assure you, I'm really not..'.. He saw her shake her head with a small smile. Standing up, he came around, watching as she slipped her bag onto her shoulder and then pick up the bassinet... 'I'll be in touch at some point, but I will say this..'.. She pointed at him with her free hand... 'You tell anyone, you try to take what I've told you and attempt to create anything, I won't hesitate to silence you. I put my trust in you Mr Stark, and I'd hate to be wrong about it..'