Eight

Later that night, after she had settled Jace into his cot, Elle made herself a hot chocolate, and moved to sit on the fire escape, outside of her bedroom window, staring out towards the city in the distance. Finding this apartment was just luck, that it was literally opposite and old friend of hers, well, right now he was young, something that made her chuckle when him and his aunt knocked her door a few hours ago to introduce themselves.

Parker was adorable, blushing and stammering. From Elles recollection, he hadn't been bitten by the spider yet, he wasn't even in his teens either. May was gorgeous, even Elle was a little attracted, no wonder the kid would stammer, he must see every guy do the same in his aunts presence.

Elle had invited them in, introduced them to Jace, which May instantly had cuddles. Elle just smiled and asked Parker if he didn't mind having a lego and gaming buddy in a few years when Jace was old enough, which made the boy grin.

They talked for a little while, before the two left and Elle felt homesick again, just thinking about her Parker, fighting with the others, so she could come back. Sighing to herself, she sipped her drink, as her memories swirled in her head...

------------------------------------------------------------

*Morning of the time reset*

'Get you ass up..'..

The slap that followed as she was hiding her face under the pillow stung her ass cheek and she jumped... 'Damn it Cap, can I at least get a coffee first before you feel me up?..'.. She huffed, throwing the pillow off and sitting up and glaring at him from his bed as he did as she asked.

'Don't pout, I'm on it. Today's the day for the test run, got any ideas as to where you want to go?..'.. Bucky asked her as he made her coffee and she twisted her hair up off her face, securing it with one of the elastics he always kept in the nightstand for her.

'I don't know, but I don't want it to be a quick five minutes, at least a few hours. You know I won't fuck about either..'.. She yawned, standing up and stretching, as he held out her coffee for her... 'Thanks..'.. She walked over and took it, moving to sit on the couch... 'Do you think this will work? Me, going back?..'

'There's no one I trust more than you Elle, so yeah, I do think it'll work and yes I do think you can change it..'.. He sat on the coffee table in front of her... 'Whats on your mind?..'

'I'm just scared I'll fuck things up. I'm scared of letting you down, letting everyone down..'... She stared at her cup in her hands.

'Elle, look at me..'.. It took her a moment, but she did as he asked... 'You could never, let me down. Or them down..'.. He jerked his thumb to the door... 'None of us, not for one second think less of you. You are brave..'.. He reached over, taking one of her hands in his... 'Selfless, kind, determined. We know, I KNOW, you will do everything you can, to change it. Whether it works or not, that's not on you. You are one person, trying to change the future of this world, of the whole universe, that is an unbelievably big task to take on, but I know you..'.. He gave her hand a squeeze... 'You won't give up..'

She gave him a little smile... 'Guess my parents not loving me for me, kinda gave me the kick in the ass I needed huh? Always got to prove myself..'

'No. Don't give them any thought or credit for who you've become, all this..'... Bucky gestured to her... 'Its all you..'.. That made her laugh and he smiled at her... 'You got this Elle. You've spent the last few years, memorising everything, and Shuri has a drive for you that contains all the files. Also a few other things on there for you..'.. He winked at her and stood.