Seventeen

*September 2013*

Loki chuckled, as he watched Jace, his 19 month old nephew drop himself, face first into the sand, and Loki still couldn't believe how much things had changed in the time he had been here. Glancing over to Elle, seeing that she was recording the whole thing, he was grateful that she never gave up on him.

The first few weeks after he arrived back here on earth, he had kept to himself, mainly in his room unless she had to take him with her, wherever she would go. He was adamant he wanted nothing to do with her, or Jace, but in time, her optimistic personality had chipped away at his icy demeanor.

It had been about two months after being here, she had walked into his room, and placed Jace in his arms, telling him she was going out with May for a few hours, and that Parker was in the living room, playing a game. He had been utterly terrified, not knowing what to do, but in the few hours she had gone, Loki had softened to this life. It had been a hard task, but he managed to care for the little boy and Parker, both children alive and uninjured by the time both women returned. Since them, Loki had pushed himself to adapt better to mortal life.

She had trained with him, took him on her little missions, gave him a new identity, took him to explore the world, and one day, he found a career he would enjoy. Loki, or Luke Grey as he was known now on earth, was an antiquarian, especially items of lore and legend, they were part of his personal collection. Elle had helped him have his own business, but he refused to move out, even when she gave him the option. After everything she had done for him, he couldn't leave her or Jace, they were family now.

They had travelled back and forth to Asgard often, and in moments, there were times she had spoken of the future, not in detail, but enough that he knew more about her. Though him and Thor still did not know her true identity, it was clear it was something she did not want to speak of.

Loki sat up from the recliner, and scooted to the edge as Jace wobbled over to him, his fists clenched, and a big smile on his face... 'Opi! Opi!..'.. Loki caught his nephew, and cuddled him on his lap.

'And what have you there, little Prince?..'.. Loki asked as Jace opened his hands, showing tiny shells.

Elle took a photo, loving how much the two had bonded. It had taken some time, but she finally got through to Loki. She never pushed, but encouraged, hoping he would find a balance in himself, and be happy. In Asgard, he was Prince Loki, God of mischief, but down here, he was Luke Grey, her brother, a business man, and a ruthless one at that. She chuckled to herself at the thought, Loki certainly had a way of haggling and getting collectors to part with their items.

Checking her phone, she fired off a few messages and sat back, enjoying the view of their private beach in Hawaii. They came for an item Loki wanted, but stayed a few extra days just to enjoy themselves. Shortly she would be catching up with Coulson, as it is when his team comes together. Elle had to make sure she could get close to Ward, with Loki, so he could read the man.

After six months, she unbound his magic, and even though he has full control over it, Loki rarely used it unless he had to. As he said, he enjoyed time without it... 'Have you spoken with Stark recently?..'.. Lokis question snapped her out of it. He knew she had told Stark she was from the future, but Stark didn't know about him.

'I will in the morning. Hoping him and Pepper won't mind watching Jace for us..'.. She rolled her head to him, and smiled, seeing that he was now sat in the sand with Jace, the two filling the bucket to build sandcastles... 'Oh, if only the asgardians could see their prince right now..'.. She teased and he flipped her off... 'You've come a long way Loki, you should be proud of yourself, I am..'