Twelve

Thor sighed, watching his brother be taken off to his cell in the dungeons, wishing that things could have been different, then he remembered the woman, Elle tell him that she was from the future. He believed her, especially when she had spoken those words. He looked around, seeing a few guards station around the throne room, then to his mother and father. His free hand went to where the candle sat, in his pocket... 'Guards, leave us..'.. His voice rang out. They gave a slight nod, then headed out of the room. Thor waited until the doors closed, turning to his parents.

'What troubles you my son?..'.. His mother asked, coming to his side.

'Something has happened..'.. He watched as his father stood, decending the steps to join them... 'On Midgard, there is a woman. She came to me after the battle, and told me that she was from the future..'.. He turned to his mother... 'She spoke of the words you would say, when I felt lost..'.. He saw his mother smile, as if knowing what he meant... 'She told me she came to the past, to save everyone, and you could confirm her words..'

'I can. Was there more that she spoke of?..'.. She asked him and he explained it all, of what Elle had said.

'Does she believe Asgard is in danger?..'.. His father questioned. Thor noted his father's grip on his staff tighten.

'She did not say..'.. He pulled the candle from his pocket... 'She asked to come here, to speak with us. This was given to me, that if it is agreed, to light it, in front of a mirror..'

'And you say she has Eldritch magic?..'.. His mother took the candle to inspect it.

'Yes. I did not get the sense that she is a threat, she seemed saddened, and told me she has already lost everyone. She cannot go back to the future, but that she has already started to change the outcome..'.. He looked between his parents.

'Let her come..'.. His father said, before turning to his wife... 'My dear, will you confer with your seidr?..'

'Of course my love..'.. She smiled at him, placing a hand to his cheek... 'The magic I feel with this..'.. She held up the candle... 'I feel the sorrow, the hope she has..'

'Very well. Do as you must, and we will be ready for her arrival..'.. Odin nodded, and headed off out of the room.

'Are you alright?..'.. Thor nodded at his mother when she asked.

'Yes. I am not sure as to her reasons of returning to the past, or that it was even possible, but for her to do such a thing, I fear the future will not be kind to us..'.. Thor sighed sadly.

'Hm..'.. His mother looked to the candle, then to the doors of the hall... 'I have a feeling, that she has a warriors spirit. Perhaps she will complete her task, and save us all..'

------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few days since the battle, and Elle had returned Coulson. She had explained everything he needed to know, letting him know that if he ever needed her, to call out for Lark, her AI would inform her, and she would be there.

Heaving a heavy sigh as she sat in her office, she glanced over to the baby monitor, hearing silence as Jace napped, now she had to focus on the next part of her plan, get to Stark, and talk with him. She knew his curiosity would consume him, if he didn't find her, and she didn't want him distracted from what he was meant to do.

Glancing out the window, she tapped her pen to her lip, wondering how to introduce herself to him. Granted they had already met, but that first impression wasn't the best... 'Lark..'.. She turned back to her computer.