Chapter 22: Recovery

A/n: Trigger Warnings; a very angsty chapter that focuses heavily on child abuse, sexual assault and some mentions of self harm. Please read with caution.
_____________________________

The infirmary was eerily silent. Despite the three people laid up in beds.

Sebastian, Cedric and Theodore. They were all fast asleep. Madame Pomfrey watched over the three of them, fussing over them protectively. Changing the bandages and applying salve every hour.

Theo was the first to wake up, his injuries being different from those sustained by Cedric and Sebastian.

He was surprised when he saw the two laid up in bed, looking extremely frail. He'd slept through the final task of the tournament, not that he particularly cared, though he had secretly hoped Sebastian would win, as it would garner glory for Slytherin, and because Sebastian had helped him.

He had no idea what the task had involved, but by the looks of the two champions, it had been gruelling.

"Oh honey, you're awake. How are you feeling?" Madame Pomfrey asked as she rushed over once she noticed he was awake.

"Um. I'm okay, just sore. What happened to them?"  Theodore asked, indicating with his head to the two boys sharing the room with him.

"There was an incident in the trial. I can't say more." Madame Pomfrey sighed shaking her head. "Now let's get you some food." She hummed, brandishing her wand, and a plate of food materialised in front of him, two slices of buttered toast, a pot of jam, a bowl of warm steaming porridge, a mug of tea and two lavender shortbread biscuits.

Theodore frowned, he didn't like being in the dark. He made a mental note to ask Sebastian what happened as he ate his breakfast.

Once he was done eating, he was subjected to another examination by Madame Pomfrey. "You're very underweight sweetie...do you get much to eat at home?" She asked as she felt his ribs, one of which she'd had to mend with Skellegrow due to it being fractured.

Theodore looked away. He didn't want to answer the question.

"It's okay, you're safe, you can tell me." Madame Pomfrey whispered gently as she stroked his hair in a motherly way.

"My father keeps me on a strict diet...Purebloods have a reputation to uphold...we always have to look our best. Sometimes, he punishes me by not giving me food, but that's normal, plenty of children get sent to bed without any dinner." He protested.

"That doesn't mean it's okay. It shouldn't be normal." She sighed. "I'm going to put you on a meal replenishment potion. I'll start you on one a day, but if you're still not gaining weight we'll up the dosage."

Theo reluctantly agreed. There was no arguing with Madame Pomfrey.

She continued to assess his other injuries, applying more salve to them and giving him a pain killer potion in case he was in any pain.

The door to the infirmary swung open and a group of anxious looking teens walked in, front and centre was Draco Malfoy.

Madame Pomfrey sighed. "Breakfast only just ended. Did you lot even eat anything?" She asked, tutting.

"Of course we did." Draco huffed, pouting when he noticed Sebastian wasn't awake.

"He had a rough time yesterday, they both did, let them rest, they'll wake up when their ready." Madame Pomfrey said kindly before going into her office.

Theodore chewed his lip before clearing his throat. "What happened?" He asked.

"We don't know either...but something happened during the trial." Draco sighed. "They both got hurt..." he was so frustrated; no one would tell him what had happened. His boyfriend was badly wounded and so was Cedric, and the teachers knew something, they all kept sharing weary glances and yet no one uttered a word. "Why are you here?" He asked, just now noticing that Theo was bandaged up and was clearly in the infirmary for a reason.