Chapter 3: Settling in

A/n: okay i know I'm an awful human being I haven't updated this story in FOREVER! I had major writers block. Couldn't think of anything for this one...but I am back. With ideas! Sooo enjoy. Plus I'm going to Ireland in 14 days. There is WiFi so I can write and I should get some ideas. So yay! Enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________
The next morning Harry woke up in excruciating pain. He instantly started to miss the magic of pain killer potions.

Harry slowly slid off the bed and stumbled to the door. It was incredibly hard to walk and he felt like he was going to collapse any second, he started slowly moving down the stairs, his legs shaking so badly he had to keep a vice like grip on the banister.

When he made it to the bottom of the stairs he heard sobbing. He peered around the kitchen door and saw Remus sat at the table, his clothes were torn to shreds and he was bleeding badly. Sirius was comforting him gently while getting him to drink a painkiller potion.

Harry tried to turn away, he didn't want to be a burden. However his legs decided they could no longer support him and he collapsed with a thud. Tears welled up in his eyes as waves of agony overtook his body.

Sirius heard the noise and ran to Harry. He found the boy crumpled up sobbing in pain. "Oh pup..." he cooed softly as he lifted the boy into his arms and carried him into the kitchen. Sirius gently placed Harry in Remus' lap while he fetched the potions needed for both Harry and Remus.

Remus was outraged when he saw the bruises and cuts that had not yet fully healed. He didn't even want to imagine what Harry must of looked like when he first arrived.

Sirius placed another painkiller potion and some peppermint tea in front of Remus and handed Harry a mug of steaming hot chocolate topped with cream, marshmallows and grated chocolate while he collected the painkiller potions, bruise salve, burn salve, anti-inflammatory potions, meal replacement potion and calming draught.

He coaxed Harry into drinking his potions while he gently applied the salves where it was needed. Harry whimpered and squirmed a little but he bore through it.

Once Sirius had finished the gruelling process of medical treatment, Harry relaxed with his hot chocolate while Remus gently petted his hair. Sirius made a start on breakfast, Harry wasn't sure how well that would go. Sirius somehow managed to make French toast without burning anything down. Even Remus seemed surprised.

The two adults tucked into their breakfast without any problem. Harry picked at his piece of French toast, it tasted good but his stomach protested every mouthful and after four bites his stomach decided enough was enough. Sirius and Remus assured him it was okay but he still felt guilty. He quietly slinked off to his room and curled up in a ball in the corner.

He was shaking uncontrollably and choking on his tears. He couldn't even process why he was so distressed, Sirius and Remus wouldn't hurt him, he knew that, and yet it was so ingrained in him not to be ungrateful, and if Vernon was here right now he'd surely say that Harry had indeed been ungrateful.

Harry was so lost in panic he started to hallucinate. Every time he saw a shadow move his mind saw Vernon advancing towards him, weapon in hand, or fists curled ready to collide with his tiny body. He hugged his knees and hid his face against them trying to shut out the terrors his mind conjured. Suddenly the door creaked open and Harry screamed, pressing his back to the wall and begging and pleading with his uncle not to hurt him.

However it was not Vernon but Severus who had opened the door accompanied by Poppy. They'd come to check on him, hoping to find him in better frame of mind, however it was very clear that Harry still wasn't doing very well, after a little talk with Sirius and Remus and witnessing first hand the boys mental state Severus knew Harry had PTSD.