Chapter 5: The sorting hat

Today was the day. He was going to hogwarts as Sebastian Evan Snape son of Severus Snape. He was hoping he'd be sorted into slytherin. He put on his school robes so he didn't have to change in the train...didn't want anyone to see the scars. He went down to breakfast however he got a surprise. A black owl the same size as hedwig....apart from the colour she was exactly like hedwig.. "it took a lot of favours and money to get her feathers safely dyed but I know how she means to you." His father spoke softly. So....it was hedwig! He smiled petting her affectionately. He sat down for breakfast hedwig perched on his shoulder. He nibbled on a piece of bacon feeling nervous. Severus noticed. "It will be alright son. You'll be fine." "But..." "Sebastian listen to me....I will not let anything hurt you. You are my son and I will protect you...." Sebastian nodded. He believed him. After brushing his teeth and hair he grabbed his luggage and they apartes to a walk way near kings cross station. When they made sure their was no muggles they walked to platform
9 and 3/4. They both ran through the wall together. Severus had promised he'd seen Sebastian onto the train. Everyone turned and stared at the sight of the potions master and a boy that looked like him. The peering eyes made Sebastian feel uncomfortable. Suddenly a shout caught his attention. "Seb!" He turned to see draco running towards him. "Dray!"
He two hugged. Draco smiled happily. "C'mon lets go get a compartment before all the good ones are taken. Sebastian turned to his dad and he couldn't help it. He hugged him tightly. "Love you dad..." it was the first time he'd said that.
Severus was slightly taken aback bud didn't show it. He hugged Sebastian back. "I love you too Sebastian." Seb smiled and got on the train with Draco. He watched his dad apparate away through the window. He turned back to Draco who was next to him. He smiled happily. Suddenly Draco invited two people in. Blaise Zabini And Pansy Parkinson. They were actually pretty friendly. He mostly just listened to them talk till they reached hogwarts. Once they reached the great hall he was taken with the first years to be sorted. The first years were done first then him. "Sebastian Snape?"
He walked up with an air of grace when in actuality he was terrified. Sitting on the stool the sorting hat was placed on his head. The hat first spoke directly to him. "It seems your finally in the right frame of mind child." "Yes I am"
"You've benefited greatly from the lions now it is time for you to embrace your other side." Then with a loud voice that boomed across the great hall the hat shouted "SLYTHERIN" Sebastian smirked and walked over to the slytherin table sitting next to Draco. The platinum blonde smiled "welcome to slytherin." Sebastian grinned. Dumbledick did his long speech about whatever the old fool was talking about and then the tables filled with food. Sebastian pushed food around his plate. He still had a small lacklustre appetite. Draco sighed looking at him and leaned close to whisper without others hearing. "U okay?" Sebastian nodded slowly. "Yeah....still don't have much of an appetite...I'm fine though..."
Draco frowned. He felt awful for Sebastian. He reached under the table grabbing Sebastian's hand and squeezing it gently. "It's go be to be okay Seb...I'm here for you." Sebastian blushed a little smiled. "Thanks..." They awkwardly stopped holding hands but it had Sebastian's mind in a whir...was that normal for friends...did Draco have feelings for him? Did he have feelings for Draco....he really didn't know. His mind was still a mess and he was so confused. He shook his head as they all followed the prefect to the dorm. He couldn't be thinking of relationships right now. Besides it was highly unlikely Draco had an interest in him. When he Exeter the room their trunks has been placed at their beds and a vivarium was set up next to one. Inside was his familiar shadow. He smiled lifting her out and letting her coil round his neck. There was a loud screech from another boy. "IS THAT A SNAKE!?" Sebastian just nodded. "Yeah. Big deal."
The boy stepped back terrified. Sebastian rolled his eyes and spoke to shadow softly. "Silly aren't they huh? Scared of snakes. I don't know how they ever could be. Your so sweet." He nuzzled his head against here. "Y-your a parslemouth"
Sebastian looked up. "...and your point is?" The boy stuttered. "The only known parslemouths were you know who , Salazar slytherin , the Gaunt brothers and Harry Potter...speaking of he wasn't at the griffindor table anyone know why?" Everyone shook their head. Sebastian huffed. "Well I speak parsletongue now deal with it" he heard a boy mutter.
"Definitely snapes son....both assholes..." Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "I'm an asshole now? Bear in mind I don't just speak parsletongue but shadow here is also my familiar and if I told her to attack you she will...." The other boy gulped. "Sorry it was just a joke." Sebastian glared at him. "Never insult me and my father again. Understood?" A hurried nod form the other. With that they changed , Sebastian put shadow away and they all got in bed. Night fell on the first day of hogwarts....