Chapter 16: Pieces of the Past

Black.

That was the last thing Sebastian remembered. A darkness pulling at his vision, followed by a loud noise. Then peace. Peace from the raging emotions and the pain in his skull. Peace from the swarms of people.

Then there was a bright light glaring at him as he opened his eyes. He was laid on a bed in the infirmary, swaddled in blankets. Draco sat at his bedside, holding his hand.

His friends were crowded around his bed, and Severus was watching him with a worried frown.

"Sebastian! You're awake, are you alright child?" Severus asked, voice uncharacteristically gentle.

"What happened...?" Sebastian asked slowly.

"You passed out." Blaise supplied as he laid a hand gently on Sebastian's shoulder. "And more than that, you released the sort of-energy burst? A very large quantity of magic in the form of an explosion. It was both terrifying and magnificent. Then you lost consciousness and Draco started crying."

Draco huffed and looked away. "Well he was barely breathing. He could of been dead."

"I think it'd take more than that to kill Sebastian." Blaise hummed. "You're just a drama queen Draco."

"I am not."

Sebastian giggled and kissed Draco's hand. "I'm sorry for worrying you sweetheart, for worrying all of you."

"We're just glad you're alright. This tournament is so messed up." Destiel huffed, resting his chin on top of Adrian's head, the short blonde was blushing brightly. 

Sebastian watched the two fondly before he scowled as he was reminded of the trials, his anger came back and tugged Draco sharply into his lap making the alpha yelp In surprise.

"Easy on the claws Seb." He winced.

Sebastian looked at him apologetically and retracted the claws that were digging into Draco's sides.

Draco readjusted himself as he leaned on Sebastian's chest-as that seemed to be what the omega wanted. "Why are you so angry? You seemed rather upset earlier too, when we got out of the water."

"Of course I'm angry! I'm pissed off. They put my boyfriend and one of my best friends underwater, unconscious! Did you even consent to this?" He hissed.

"Well no-"

"So why are you being so calm? If it was me, would you be okay with it?" Sebastian asked.

"Obviously not. I would hex whoever was responsible." Draco growled, the same anger filling his veins at the mere thought of Sebastian being in that situation, he understood how Sebastian felt now.

"I realise you are upset child, and while I think your anger is valid, Please restrain yourself, you cannot go hexing Dumbledore." Severus interrupted.

Sebastian glared at him. "Did you know about this?" He hissed accusingly.

Severus sighed. "Child I assure you I had no knowledge of this, if I had I certainly would not have allowed my students nor my godson to be submerged under water like fishing bait."

Sebastian looked down. "Sorry...I just.."

"I understand your feelings Sebastian, but we cannot act rashly, Dumbledore will be brought to justice, we will make sure of that, but it is a matter of biding our time." Severus just hoped that Tom and his death eaters would be able to uncover enough damning evidence to put Dumbledore in Azkaban.

Draco cupped Sebastian's cheek and kissed him gently, before tucking his head into the omega's neck, he felt quite ill. Veela's connection with their element was their life force, being taken away from that element was detrimental to their health.