Monsters - Part 1 - Chester Campbell x Reader

This is much darker than my normal stories; but I wanted to do something with Campbell, and I wanted to do it, because I actually love Sam Neill. Now, not even I can find any good in this character, I can't give you a different, sweeter side of him. So, what I am going to try and do, is make him regret ever going to Birmingham. Hope you find it interesting.

(Y/n) looked out of the window of her jail cell, the blood barely dry on her skin, from the beating that she had just received from the coppers that were controlled by Campbell. Campbell.........just the sound of his name filled her mouth with the taste of bile. Made the ire that she always did her best to control, feel like it would, at any moment, burst out from her, and she would become some kind of uncontrollable beast........the monster that people knew she could be. But there again, what better to fight a monster like the Ulster man, than another monster.

Campbell had been sent to Birmingham, by Winston Churchill to not only "clean up" the city; but also find the crate of Lewis machine guns, ammunition, semi-automatic rifles, and pistols with shells, that the Peakys had accidentally come into the possession of. The detective chief inspector from the Royal Irish Constabulary first arresting (Y/n)'s oldest brother Arthur, after mistakenly assuming that, as he was the eldest of them, he would naturally be the leader of the Peaky Blinders. The older man beating her beloved brother, when he did not give Campbell the answers that he wanted about the robbery and the guns.

And then.........then there had been Polly. Her aunt telling her what the Irishman had done to her, when she had gone to try and convince him to release Michael, after he and Arthur had been hauled off to jail; the oldest Shelby for a murder he hadn't committed, and Michael, for burning down The Marquis of Lorne pub. Her aunt informing her that she had to be careful. That the man from Belfast had spoken about coming for her, next. That he believed that she was the way that he could find out where Tommy had hidden the weapons. But despite her brothers, her aunt doing their best to convince her to leave until Campbell was dealt with, (Y/n) had refused. She was not about to run away like a coward; she was not about to hide while her brothers, the rest of her family dealt with the man from across the Irish Sea. No, that just wasn't her. So, that was why she was in this cell; constables having broken down the doors of her house, in the middle of the night, to get to her. Dragging her almost naked body out to the van that they had had waiting for her. And then, when they had got her to the jail, they had taken it upon themselves to rough her up a little. Their punches, nothing compared to the ones that she had taken from Arthur when they had been sparring in the ring. It taking more than a few slaps and threats, to intimidate the female Shelby.

Suddenly, there was a noise from behind her; (Y/n) turning to see two guards, one unlocking the barred door, so that another could bring in a bowl filled with water, and what looked like a dress, thrown over his arm.

"Ya ta clean yaself up and dress. Major Campbell wants ta see ya..........." The guard at the door hissed disdainfully, as the other put down the bowl on the small table and threw the dress on the bed; backing away as the female Shelby made her way over to them. The two men covering their heads and quickly locking the cell door again, as (Y/n) threw the bowl, and the water back at them. Screaming and spitting blood at the pair, as she clung to the bars.

"Ya can tell that fuckin bastard Campbell, that if he wants to see me, he can see me as I am..........." She bellowed, violently shaking the door with one hand, while pulling at the blooded nightgown with the other. A crazed laugh leaving her lips, as the guards turned, and almost ran from her. (Y/n)'s amusement finally dying down, before she took a seat on the bed, thoughts filling her mind, as she waited for the Major's reply.

She had never been the same as other little girls, even from a young age, it had been obvious; her mother often taking her to see the old women in their brightly painted caravans, to find out why she was as she was. All of them crossing themselves frantically, as she had looked up at them with her dark eyes. All of them saying that she was possessed by some demon or another. Her brothers all laughing when she had informed them. Arthur telling her that there was nothing wrong with her; but that if there was, it was only because she had been born a Shelby. Though whatever the case; whatever the darkness that the old gypsy women had seen in her, it had come in handy when she had helped her aunt look after things while Arthur, Tommy and John had been at war. Finn too young to protect what they had built up; and Ada, though she was undoubtedly fierce, could never do what (Y/n) was willing to do for the family and the businesses. The boys, upon their return, finding that their sister had built up quite the most terrifying reputation for herself. (Y/n) Shelby, the beautiful monster. She and Arthur becoming quite a formidable team. The only differences in the two being, that whereas Arthur could feel great remorse for his actions; actions that were often caused because he could not always control himself, could not control his natural short temper; she felt no remorse at all. Her actions always cold and calm until the darkest part of her needed to rear its ugly head. And when it did, it left no doubt in the minds of others, as to why people saw her as the Shelby's monster.

Slowly, she looked up. A smile making its way onto her lips, as she saw six guards making their way to her cell. The female Shelby getting to her feet, it obvious that Campbell had told them to take her to him. The oldest of the men slowly opening the cell door and making his way inside.

"Now, (Y/n). Be a good girl and make this easy on yourself." He said, as another came up behind him, with a pair of cuffs.

"Easy? Oh, I have no intention of making this easy for anyone..........." (Y/n) replied with a wicked smile. Letting out an animalistic roar, before launching herself at the six men.