The Professor - Part 1 - Alfie x Tommy x Reader

The north. It was a big place; lots of ports and lucrative markets. The perfect place to make another expansion; but that would be easier said than done, both Tommy and Alfie finding out that once they stepped foot beyond the borders of Birmingham, you would get your toes burnt........badly. Yet here they were, on the train making their way up to the lands of the coal mines and cotton mills.

The one problem with the north, was that there was already a boss that seemed to control that entire territory. Everything north of Birmingham right up to the Scottish borders, and from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, was under the control of one person; a person that was simply called "The Professor".

After a little digging, Tommy had discovered that this big time boss had been dubbed the Professor, because they were said to be as ruthless and intelligent as Sherlock Holmes' nemesis, James Moriarty, in those detective novel things, written by Conan Doyle. That they had more informants, more cops in their back pockets and more dirt on the rich and powerful than anyone else could dream of. And if the Shelby firm, or Alfie were to make any strides into getting access to the ports of Liverpool and Newcastle, then they were going to have to make a deal with this Professor.

"You managed ta get anything else on this Professor?" Alfie suddenly enquired, as he turned his gaze from the countryside whizzing past the train window, to the man that had just pulled another cigarette from their silver case.

"Nothing. It's like he doesn't even exist. I've seen smoke with more substance." Tommy explained, as he pulled a stray piece of tobacco from his tongue. Alfie just sort of huffing in reply.

Neither of them liked this. Neither of them liked being at a disadvantage; but here they were, completely in the dark and not knowing what to expect. Both of them hoping that today would end better than the feeling in the pits of their stomachs might suggest.

                                                    >>------------------------------------<<

Alfie and Tommy rose, retrieving their coats and hats, as the train began to slow. They had both received telegrams from this so-called Professor, telling them that they believed that it was time for a meeting. That they should board the 9:15 train from Small Heath, and when they arrived in the north, there would be a man waiting with a car. The telegram assuring them that they would be perfectly safe; though that didn't mean that they weren't still both armed.

"After you." Alfie said, as he opened the carriage door; gesturing for Tommy to be the first one to step onto the platform. Tommy rolling his eyes, as he placed his cap on his head, and made his way out of the door. Alfie waiting for a second, before he followed after him.

"Shelby and Solomons?" A voice came. Both Tommy and Alfie turning to come face to face with a chest that must have been as broad as they were both tall. The two men looking up to see the face of a man; the bleeder every inch of seven foot tall, if he was a day.

"You Shelby and Solomons?" He asked again. It obvious that he wasn't too keen on having to wait for their answer.

"He's Shelby and I'm Solomons." Alfie replied with a sniff, running his hand over his beard as he wondered how many bullets it would take to make this fucker drop, if the shit hit the fan.

"The professor sent me with a car. This way..........." The man told them. His Northumberland accent much more obvious now, than it had been when he had just said their names. The giant turning and making his way down the platform; Tommy and Alfie looking at one another before following after him.

"Tha horse shit must be strong around ere.............." Alfie suddenly commented, as they rounded the corner and saw a rather splendid Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Torpedo waiting for them.

"What............?"

"Well, ya aint tellin me that that fucker didn't have his feet planted in some when he were a kid. Though we could both be fucked if all these bastards are that size." Alfie chuckled, as they got to the car. The huge man opening the car door and allowing them both to climb inside, before struggling to fit behind the steering wheel and taking them into the countryside.

                                                  >>-------------------------------------<<

"Not bad............." Tommy said quietly, as he looked at the house that the car had just pulled up in front of. The screech of peacocks, filling the air as he and Alfie climbed out of the car.

"Seen better.............." Alfie replied, giving Tommy a small smile, before the two men followed after the colossal human being, as he made his way inside the rather impressive appearing house.

"What.......like Buck Palace..........?" Tommy countered. Both he and Alfie nearly bumping into their driver, as he suddenly stopped.

"Wait ere. The Professor is in a meetin. You'll be called on when it's over." The big man informed them, pointing at two chairs, before leaving them in the grand foyer.

"Not what I'd call hospitality. Not even offered a drink." Alfie commented, as he took a seat. He and Tommy looking around; both noticing that they were being watched by a number of men that stood at the top of the stairs. The two able to see the glint of metal from under their jackets.

"Behave..............."

"I always behave, Thomas. You should know that............."

"That's what I'm afraid of..........." Tommy said, as he pulled his cigarette case from out of his jacket pocket and pulled out a cigarette, tapping the end on the case, before placing it in his mouth and lighting it. The two men sitting up straighter, as a man in a police uniform, suddenly appeared from one of the rooms. Another man, obviously the butler, given his attire, escorting him to the front door.

"Gentlemen. The Professor will see you now." The butler said, as he made his way over to them, gesturing for them both to following him. Tommy and Alfie stopped, as they got to the doorway. Two more large men patting them down; removing their guns before letting them enter the room.

The room was large, the walls covered in wooden shelves and leather bound books. The centre of the room dominated by a large oak desk. The whole scene smelling of expensive Brandy and French cigarettes. But no sign of the Professor. Tommy and Alfie turning as the door to the room was closed, and they were left alone.

"So.........where's this Professor geezer?" Alfie asked, as he made his way over to a tantalus that housed three decanters; the Londoner annoyed to find that it was locked.

"I'm here...........Mister Solomons............" A voice suddenly came. Both Alfie and Tommy turning again, to see something that neither had expected.