School teacher - Part 5 - Arthur x Reader

Arthur pulled up at the side of the street across from the Garrison, it obvious that from the sounds of music and laughter that could be heard, that the evenings little get together had already started. Arthur still wishing that he could forget about making an appearance; that the two could just drive off and spend the entire evening by themselves. But as it was, this was for the family, for all the boys, and of course there was an expectation that he would be there. So, if he had to, at least he would be walking in with the most beautiful of women by his side.

"You ready...........?" Arthur asked, as he looked to his date for the evening. The oldest Shelby suddenly feeling how cold it had got, as the school teacher moved from his side.

"As ready as I will ever be." (Y/n) replied, a smile spreading across her features, as the man next to her carefully reached up and pushed one of the curls on her forehead, back into place.

"Don't worry, you're with me................" Arthur assured her, before climbing out of the car and making his way around to the passenger side, opening the door and offering (Y/n) his arm.

                                                     >>----------------------------------<<

"Fuckin hell. Will ya get a load of that.............." John suddenly said. The toothpick nearly falling out of his mouth, as he looked at the doors of the pub. Tommy and the others turning to see what John was talking about. All their eyes growing wide, as they saw Arthur standing in the doorway, his chest puffed out like a proud peacock, as he held tightly to the arm of the beautiful woman by his side. A broad smile crossing his lips, as he spied his brothers and the other men looking in their direction.

"Tommy, you sure that that's the same Charlie's teacher as we met at Christmas?" John continued, as he watched his older brother and his lady, make their way over to the table.

John, just like the rest of the family had met (Y/n) before. Hell, even most of the boys that were already in the Garrison knew of the teacher. Some having their own children taught by her, and the others, having younger brothers and sisters in her little school. But John, nor any of the rest, had ever seen her look like this. When she had come to the house for the Christmas celebrations, her dress had been rather conservative, a little dower even. Though that said, John had still found himself wondering what lay beneath that dark dress. Sure, that whatever it was, would be far more interesting than the wrapper that covered it. And now, he was thinking that he had been right. That this new wrapper, suited her far better; it showing much more leg and cleavage than anything he had seen her in up until this moment. John completely ignoring his own date, as he, Tommy and the other boys got to their feet; Arthur smiling as he and the school teacher stopped at the table.

"(Y/n)." Tommy said simply, as he looked at his son's teacher. Admitting, only to himself of course, that he was more than impressed by how she looked; and perhaps, even a little jealous of his older brother.

"Mister Shelby.................."

"You remember my younger brothers John and Finn, cousin Michael, and you know Isaiah.................."

"Of course, how could I forget.........gentlemen. And it's nice to see you again, Isaiah. I was actually going to go and see your father tomorrow. I was hoping that I could persuade him to come and talk to the children, seeing that Easter is only just around the corner. Though I don't know how he will answer all their questions about the Easter bunny." (Y/n) smiled. Isaiah returning the gesture before letting out a soft 'oof' as Finn dug his elbow into his ribs. The young man glaring at the already slightly wobbly Shelby, before turning back to the teacher.

"I'm sure that he won't need much persuading, Miss (Y/l/n). I know he loves to come and join you and the children. I'll let him know in the morning that you're coming to the house." Isaiah replied, as he stood away from his chair, and offered it to (Y/n), Arthur helping her off with her coat; the teacher about to take a seat when Ada and Polly made an appearance. The two women, grabbing her hands and leading her away, without some much as a by your leave. Arthur about to follow, before Tommy placed his hand on his arm and pulled him down to Isaiah's chair. The head of the family firm, trying to not make it obvious that he was watching the sway of (Y/n)'s hips, as the three women made their way to the other side of the pub.

"I wish I had a teacher that looked like that when I was a kid..........." John remarked, ignoring the death glares from both his brother and date.

"Yeah, and you'd have learnt even less than ya did.........." Tommy replied, as he pulled a cigarette out of its packet, tapped it on the tabletop, before placing it into his mouth and lighting it. John laughing as he had to agree. Arthur now too busy making sure that no other man was talking to (Y/n), as she, his aunt and sister made their way to the bar, to hear the murmurings from the other men at the table. Arthur quickly getting back to his feet, as he saw Freddie join the ladies.

"Arthur............?"

"I'm gonna get a drink." The older Shelby simply stated, before pushing through the crowd. Tommy just hoping that no one said or did anything to (Y/n) that Arthur didn't like, or this evening could end up as a boxing match. It more than obvious that Arthur was more than just enamoured with the very beautiful school teacher. That this time, this could turn into something serious. That is if Arthur didn't ruin it.