School teacher - Part 26 - Tommy x Arthur x Reader

For 1i2h3a4t5e6m7e . Thank you.

Tommy made his way out into the cold night. Arthur had his gun, he was full of booze, and the woman that he had been pining for, for so long, seemed to have given up on him, which would be a dangerous mix for any man that hadn't seen and experienced the things that Arthur had. But as it was, it was Arthur; a man that had tried to drink and drug himself to death since the former school teacher had left Small Health. Tommy feeling his heart pound violently, as he looked out into the snow. He knew that he should probably call on John to try and help him find their older brother; that he should get Charlie and some of the others, but he didn't have time for that. In fact, he could already be too late, though he couldn't think like that. He hadn't heard a shot, so all he could do was hope that Arthur had perhaps fallen asleep somewhere. That he had maybe fallen asleep in one of the outbuildings. Tommy ignoring the frigid temperatures, as he made his way from the main house.

                                                      >>-----------------------------------<<

Tommy walked through the drifts; his breath hanging heavily around him as his eyes scanned for any sign of life. He had realised that he still had no idea where (Y/n) had gone either; that just like his brother, she had vanished. The head of the family firm not liking the idea that she was out there on her own; but at this moment, Arthur needed to be found. He was the one with the gun; the one that knew how to use it. The one that would be willing to use it. Tommy having a feeling that (Y/n)'s annoyance at him would keep her going. That since she had been away from Birmingham, she had become much more headstrong and stubborn, and that her anger at him would keep her warm. The thought that she could walk out of the house, right in front of him the next morning, enough incentive for her to return back to the house safely. That, and he knew that she wouldn't want to go anywhere without saying goodbye to his son, first.

Then he saw something; a soft light coming from behind the doors of the old stables. Tommy making his way over to the building that had certainly seen better days; his footsteps ceasing, as in the all invasive white, he saw something black. The former sapper making his way over to it, his fingers brushing over the cold object before he picked it up. It was Arthur's gun, he knew it. It was the one that he had been holding when Tommy had found him looking at (Y/n)'s dress; the one that he had seen his older brother brandish so many times before. The one that he would always bring out when things got to much, and the demons in his mind pushed him too far. But what it was doing out in the snow..............

Slowly Tommy made his way to the wooden door. The planks that had been used to form the stable doors long before he had been born, cracking slightly, as he pushed the ingress, open. The breath catching in his throat, as he made his way inside; not sure what he might find.

                                                     >>-----------------------------------<<

Tommy made his way to the back of the building to where a Victorian oil lamp and turned over stool, rested on the cobblestones that made up the floor. His eyes growing wide, as he saw what lay in the pile of hay to his side. Arthur, fast asleep with his head on the chest of a slumbering former school teacher. Their arms wrapped tightly around one another. A huge part of him was relieved; his brother was safe and so was (Y/n). Tommy having a feeling that it had been the beautiful woman that had thrown his brother's weapon, out into the snow; and that because of her, his brother was still alive. Yet another part of him had a feeling that any hope that he might have had that (Y/n) might forget about Arthur; might instead look to him for love, seemed to have been dashed. That whatever had transpired here, was all that the pair had needed to bring them together. Though if it meant that the school teacher would stay; would not leave to return to Cumbria the next day, then perhaps it was the best thing that could happen. And perhaps it meant that she would forgive him for what he had done. Though he would have to wait until the morning, to find out. Tommy not about to disturb either of them. The head of the Shelby firm quietly picking up the oil lamp before making his way back to the door; closing the ingress behind him and then making his way back to the house.

                                                    >>------------------------------------<<

Arthur groaned slightly, as he slowly came to his senses. He could feel the straw sticking into his arse; but more importantly, he could feel a soft, warm body next to him. Arms around him, holding him close. His brain was pounding, but despite knowing that it would only make his head worse, he knew that he wanted to open his eyes; just to make sure that the night before had really happened. That despite all that he had done, all that he had said, (Y/n) had told him that she loved him. That she would help him fight the darkness; the monsters that lived in his head. That she wouldn't leave him again. His eyelids slowly opening, allowing him to see the still sleeping school teacher.

She looked at peace, and Arthur liked that. He had made her unhappy enough, so from now on, he promised himself that he would do all he could to make her smile. That he would not make her regret saying that she would stay in Small Heath. That he would prove that he could be the faithful man that she needed. The thought of losing her again, not something that he wanted to contemplate. The oldest Shelby sure that if she were to go again, that life would really hold nothing more for him. Arthur lost in his thoughts of a life together, of a future, of children..............

"Good morning............." A voice suddenly came, shaking the thoughts from Arthur's mind. His heart beating quicker, as he looked into the eyes of the beautiful, smiling woman by his side. Arthur more sure than ever, that he wanted nothing more than to see this image every morning and every night. That (Y/n) was the only woman that he needed.