Chapter - 9 "First meeting no fighting"

"In the intricate dance of love and war, every touch is a battlefield, every glance a weapon, and every word a ceasefire."

~//Devika Vyas POV//~

"Shardha bua is there, you have to hide," Jinni informed me, and I was like, "What the hell."

"How can you recognise her? You've never seen her," I retorted.

She slapped my head lightly and said, "It's what you're asking now. I saw her in your status, idiot. Now hide, otherwise, the whole of Indore will know you're in Bhopal."

She made some sense to my brainless head.

"Where do I hide, idiot?" I panicked after realizing the actual situation.

"In hell, idiot, of course, in the changing room. Do it fast; she just entered the shop," I saw her, my Sharduaa bua, from the corner of my eyes, and hurriedly made my way towards the changing room.

"Mam, don't go to this changing room; the doorknob is broken," the shop staff girl informed.

There are two changing rooms in this shop, and the other one is locked now. Where do I hide? If Papa knows about me, he will...

"Acha socho, Devika, acha socho," I calmed my fast breathing.

The doorknob of the other changing room moves, and I hear the faint voices of my bua.

As the door opens, I push whoever it is and close the door, taking some breaths.

"Tumne mujhe Dhaka kyu diya?" I heard a man's voice, and oh my, he is a handsome man, somehow 5 feet 6 inches tall, with long hair falling till his shoulder and grey eyes, oh my.

"What?" I asked, lost in myself.

"Tumne mujhe Dhaka kyu diya?" he said, and now I thought he is rude. How can he speak like that?

"Excuse me, maine bas apko slight push Kiya hai Dhaka nahi Diya hain," I replied in the same tone as he has.

"Did you go to school?" he asked a little softly, which is strange.

"Yes, so?" I replied in the same rude tone because my mood is off now.

"So, didn't your Hindi teacher teach you that push is called Dhaka?" he replied in the same rude tone. It triggers me; how dare he talk to me like that.

"Oye, Mr.akdu agar Devika vyas ne tumhe dhakka Diya hota to tum vaha jameen mein gire hote yaha khade nahi hote," I replied in my favorite attitude tone, slightly poking my ring finger at his chest.

"Abb tum badtameezi kar rahi ho?" he said, and his grey eyes are slightly turned dark.

"Hnn hnn, aap to prem samvad kar rahe hai na mere saath ," I replied.

And a message pinged on my phone, which is none other than Jinni.

"Tumhari Bua chali gayi hai, aa jao."

"Thank God, otherwise, ye rakshas mujhe kha jata," I said loudly to taunt him.

"Ek to chori upar se seenajori , tum andar aayi thi miss badtameez, me nahi aaya tha," he replied, rolling his eyes.

I opened the doorknob and closed the door with a thud.

I moved towards Jinni and asked if she was paying the bill. She said no, so I said do it fast because I didn't even stand here for a mere second.

"What the hell was happening that your mood is off?" Jinni asked a little harshly, of course, because of my antics.

And then realization hit me; oh, maybe I offended her.

"I am sorry because of that giant men, my mood spoiled," I said, pouted.

"Giant men," her brows frowned with confusion, and she asked.

"Leave him; let's go to a restaurant and spend our precious time," I said, and she nodded.

We reached the restaurant and ate our lunch , and had a little chit chat. But in the middle of that chit-chat, Jinni's phone rang, and she talked with her parents for a good time. After hanging up the call, she looked a little sad.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing, just family issues," she replied casually, and I thought to end the matter there.

"Okay, listen, let's go to the ice cream parlor," I said to her, and she nodded.

*************************************

Thankyou:)