Chapter - 10 Who is that girl?

"Amidst the chaos, she was the storm, and I, the seeker of adventure."

~//Verdant Menon//~

I swung open Gautam's car door and let it slam shut. Taking my place in the passenger seat, I felt his piercing stare bore into me.

"Why the heck are you glaring at me?" I shot at Gautam, feeling like he could fry me on the spot with that look.

What's up with everyone here anyway?

"I'll let it slide this time, but if you slam my car door like that again, I swear I'll torch your beloved Thar," he warned, his tone deadly serious.

"Yeah, yeah, burn me. Why not my favorite Thar too? First, she ruins my mood, and now you," I retorted, matching his intensity.

We're still parked outside the shop, and mark my words, I'll never set foot in that place again.

"Who is she?" Gautam asked, looking a bit puzzled.

"Go to hell or  enjoy your meeting ,do whatever you want , don't bother asking me about her," I replied, annoyed at his workaholic vibe.

And as for her, she must've been a witch in her past life. How dare she? Who does she think she is, acting all high and mighty?

She didn't even bother to apologize.

Stop it, Verdant! Get a grip, you'll drive yourself nuts.

As Gautam started the engine, his words snapped me out of my spiraling thoughts.

"Why don't you go check out hell first, then give me a review. Maybe I'll swing by later," Gautam suggested.

"What about going together?" I quipped with a fake smile and my trademark smirk.

"Absolutely not," he replied with his infamous fake smile.

I managed to calm down a bit. I don't get what's wrong with me. I know I'm overreacting, but am I wrong?

Isn't she capable of talking to me calmly?

Like you talk to her very sweetly(my mind mocked me)

"Just come get some ice cream. Your head's as hot as if some lady enemy is out to bruise your ego," Gautam teased me.

How is he so good at reading situations? Oh, hell.

"Sounds about right," I said, running my hand through my hair.

Gautam pulled up in front of an ice cream parlor.

"Are you coming?" he asked, but I wasn't budging.

"Nope, you go and fetch chocolate flavor," I replied.

"Okay, sir," he chuckled.

I sat there for a while, then glanced over at the ice cream parlor. Gautam was giving a girl outside an earful. I couldn't see her face, but why was he scolding her? Did he know her?

Or maybe not. How could he? Then why was he scolding a girl on their first encounter?

(Like you weren't just bickering with Miss Rude a minute ago,) my mind mocked me.

Ugh, shut up.

Just then, my phone rang. I checked the caller ID.

Oh, it's Pandey calling.

"Sir, you need to be at the location in 5 minutes," he informed me.

A message popped up on my phone, of course, from Pandey, with the location.

"I'll be there in five minutes. Get ready and call the officers; we'll need them," I instructed. I messaged Gautam that I had an emergency and was taking his car.

I shifted to the driver's seat, started the engine, and sped towards my destination.

🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺

Hey, my lovely readers, thank you for reading this chapter.

So, I clarified that Aman's real name is Gautam Anand.

Now, who's the girl who collided with Gautam?

And why is he scolding her?

Does he know her?

Jaane ke liye agle chapter Tak ka intezar kijiye😉🤭.