Hiro x Reader: Isolation

Requested by @mericcup_178

You tried calling Hiro for the fifth time that day.

He hadn't answered any of your calls for a week and you were worried about him. He'd completely shut down after the fire.

The phone rang time and time again until it eventually just went to voice mail.

You sighed as you hung up, pulling on your sneakers.

You quickly walked to the Lucky Cat Cafe where you were greeted by Aunt Cass.

"Hey, (Y/N! Come to check on Hiro?" She asked and you nodded. She motioned you upstairs and you quickly went up.

You knocked on Hiro's door softly at first, then a little harder when no one answered.

After a moment, you just opened the door and went inside.

"Hiro?" You saw him sitting on his bed, and he looked awful. He had bags under his eyes and he looked like he hadn't eaten.

He didn't respond so you just sat on the edge of his bed and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

He looked at you for the first time since you got there, and he broke.

You sat there shocked as he started crying. You went to hug your friend and slowly rub his back.

"It's alright, Hiro, let it all out," you softly told him.

"It's not fair," he sobbed. "He was so young, he didn't deserve any of that. It should've been me."

"Hiro, don't say that," you scolded. "Tadashi would've been heart broken."

Hiro knew you were right. Tadashi would've blamed himself. Hiro didn't want that.

"He's in a better place now," you told him.

"You think so?" Hiro asked, looking up at you. You nodded. You were absolutely sure of it.

"Tadashi was a great person," you smiled. "He would want you to be strong."

Hiro seemed to think this over before slowly nodding. "You're right, (Y/N)."

"Have you eaten anything?" You asked him, noticing his untouched plate. He shook his head and you got up to go get him something.

"I'll order us some pizza," you explained. You walked to the door, but you froze as you felt him hug you.

"Thank you," he told you, "For everything."

You smiled at him as he sheepishly pulled away. "No problem," you grinned.

You started to slip away when Hiro gently smashed his lips against yours.

Your eyes widened as you realized what he was doing. You'd never imagined Hiro Hamada kissing you.

Yet here you were, your best friend kissing you when all you were about to do was order a flipping pizza.

You slowly kissed back and Hiro pulled away.

You smiled at each other, a light pink tint coating your cheeks.

"Tadashi also wanted me to tell you that I secretly like you," he smirked.
"I love you, actually."

You laughed, "I love you, too, Hiro."