Hiro x Reader: It's Okay

Very first Hiro x Reader requested by @mericcup_178

You smiled to yourself as you listened to your best friend Hiro talk about robot parts from his spot on his bed.

"So, then you hook up the blue wire to the red one-" You barely heard what he was saying as you drew on a piece of paper at his desk.

You sketched a small drawing of you and Hiro and slowly traced a heart around it. You finished your picture but failed to notice that your crush had stopped talking.

You were brought crashing down into reality when the paper was snatched out of your hands.

"Hey!" You yelled. "Give it back!"

You pushed back the chair and chased Hiro around the room before tripping on a soccer ball.

"Ow," you muttered as you slowly sat up. You were lifted upright by a giant marshmallow, otherwise known as Baymax. You glared at Hiro who was cracking up at your fall.

"On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?" You glanced from the robot to your laughing friend.

"Physical, or emotional?" You asked while staring down Hiro.

Hiro rolled his eyes and looked down at your drawing, his eyes widening. Your breath hitched in your throat as he examined the paper. What would he say?

"(Y/N)," Hiro spoke up. "You like me?" You stood frozen, unable to utter anything for five minutes.

Both of you were still unmoving when you finally said, "N-no."

"(Y/N) appears to have an increase in heart rate and anxiety. Diagnosis: Love and lying." Hiro raised an eyebrow at you while you felt like dying.

Wait to go Baymax. Wait to ruin everything.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hiro asked gently, he seemed a little bit hurt. You shrugged. "I didn't know how you would react."

He was quiet for a while before he finally said, "Look, (Y/N), I love you a lot-"

Your eyes got wide and you looked up happily to see a very serious Hiro. "But I just don't like you that way."

You frowned as he continued. "You're like a sister to me, my best friend, I can't see myself as liking you like that. Even though you're awesome."

You slouched and your face fell. You hadn't expected that answer at all. The worst you could've imagined would've been that he didn't know how he felt.

He was always acting like he loved you, kisses on the forehead, cuddling. Why had it never occurred to you that he didn't like you in that way?

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)," he hugged you and it took every single ounce of your strength to keep you from bursting into tears.

You'd loved him for so long only to discover that he didn't share the same feelings.

You gently hugged him back, nuzzling your face into his neck. "It's okay," you managed to mumble. And that was all you had to say. All you could say.

It's okay.