Hiccup x Reader: Dragon Boy

Requested by my friend Mericcup_178

You showed no mercy as you viciously slammed the boy against the lockers. The boy was Hiccup Haddock, the nerd.

You started to punch and kick him angrily. You couldn't exactly place why you hated him so much. Maybe it was the way he made you feel; confused.

You hated confusion and wanted things to be straight to the point, but your feelings for him were as mixed up as anything.

And what really bothered you, what really got under your skin was that after all the countless times you'd beaten him up, spit in his face, called him names, he still tried to be nice to you.

So as you kicked him on your latest anger expedition, you suddenly stopped.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?" Your friend called out to you. Snotlout was also a bully, and your only friend really.

"Yeah, what are you doing?" Besides her, your other friend. Her name was Astrid. "Why'd you stop?"

You looked at Hiccup's bloody form and back to your friends, a smirk forming on your face.

"Just letting Dragon Boy think he has a chance," you laughed wickedly and kicked him again. You spit on him and walked out. Something inside of you felt wrong, but you ignored it as you smiled at your laughing friends.

• • •

The next day, you woke up and did your usual before school routine, finally ending up at your desk at school.

You furrowed your brows at a note on your desk. Simply folded and neat.

You opened it and started to read.

Dear (Y/N),

I bet this sounds really stupid of me because you obviously don't have the same feelings, but I really like you.

~Hiccup

All of your feelings started bubbling up inside of you as you read the note. Anger, confusion, hate, mistrust, but one more arrived as you opened up another folded square of paper.

If held an amazing sketch of a dragon with its tail curved into a heart. The feeling that you felt last, was love.

You looked over at Hiccup and unsure of yourself, stood up and got in his face.

"Meet me at the park, six." He frantically nodded and sighed as you walked away.

• • •

At lunch, you were silent, unusual for you. Usually you joked with Astrid and Snotlout, but today, you just couldn't stop rereading the letter and looking at the picture.

"What's this?" You grabbed for the letter as it was pulled out of your hands.

"Oh a love note," Snotlout chuckled. "How sweet." Next Astrid grabbed it. "From Hiccup?" She snorted. "That nerd is ironically stupid."

You quickly snatched the letter from her and protectively held it. They both looked at you, baffled.

"Don't tell me you like him," Astrid studied you.

"Of course I don't!" You expertly lied. "That's crazy! Why would I like that geek?!"

"We just assumed, (Y/N), why are you getting so upset about it? Are you hiding something?" Snotlout pressed.

"The only reason I'm getting angry is because you two, are completely insane!" They shrugged at you. "Okay." They thankfully turned back to their food and didn't ask you any more.

• • •

You walked up to the park, completely nervous. Wait, why were you nervous? This was Hiccup! Nerd! Dragon Boy!

You gulped. Maybe that was why you liked him. Because he was smart. You stopped, realizing you just admitted to yourself you liked him. And why hadn't he ever fought back? He could've easily picked you up like a rag doll. Why hadn't he?

You swallowed your feelings and looked around, finally spotting him on a bench.

You slowly walked over and sat by him. "Hi," you said, almost a whisper. "Hi."
You were both quiet, an uncomfortable silence.

"Look," Hiccup started. "I'm sorry for giving you that letter, I shouldn't have. It was completely-"

He stopped talking as you put a finger to his lips to silence him, he just stared at it. It was the first gentle gesture you'd ever shown him.

"It was sweet," you smiled and gulped nervously. You felt so vulnerable, so exposed, you were out in the open for him to break your heart.

You hated it. But something inside of you told you he wouldn't break your heart. He would take care of it like a precious flower.

"Sweet?" He raised an eyebrow. "You're not going to punch me, or kick me?" You shook your head.

"Not even tell the whole school?" You laughed softly. "No, Hiccup. I'm not."
He smiled a little as you didn't call him a nerd or "Dragon Boy" for the first time.

For you, it felt nice. It made you feel good to make him smile, not run to the nurse.

"Why?" He asked you. It startled you out of your thoughts. "I like you too, Hiccup," you smiled.

You both laughed as you let out a breath at the same time. You looked down and smiled. You'd never felt like this before, and neither had Hiccup.

You looked into his eyes as he tilted your chin up and pulled you closer. Your lips moved in sync against each other. You moved as one.

You both pulled away and smiled. You bit your lip and Hiccup grinned. He had a nice smile, you noticed.

"So," you both turned to see Snotlout and Astrid. "Looks like our friend's a liar, Astrid."

Astrid laughed and held up a phone. "And she'll pay for betraying us." You quickly realized they'd taken a picture.

"What should I put as a caption, Snorlout? Oh wait, how about, (Y/N) is a backstabber and a nerd lover. Looks like we have a Dragon Girl."

Hiccup looked at you, unsure of what to do. What would you say?

"Go ahead, I don't care. I have everything I need right here." Everyone was shocked by your words. Especially Hiccup. He assumed you'd be embarrassed.

Your so called, friends, scoffed and walked off. A minute later, the whole school would get the picture of you and Hiccup.

Two minutes later, Astrid and Snotlout would laugh at you. Assuming you would regret your decision.

Three minutes later, some would laugh and others would smile at the picture they'd received.

But the only important thing that happened was four minutes later, when Hiccup asked you to be his girlfriend.

Or five minutes later, when you said yes. Then a decade later, Hiccup asked you another question, and you would give the same answer with tears in your eyes.

And you can guess what happened after that. It was...pretty great.