Ryan X Reader: Dancing into Your Heart

Requested by the lovely magic_mockingjay ! Go follow her! :)

In case you're confused, this is about Ryan Evans from High School Musical. You know, Sharpay's brother. Yeah, him. Okay. Enjoy! :)

You were so excited that Ms. Darbus had recommended you to sign up for the regional singing competition in Dallas, Texas. There, you would represent East High with your beautiful voice.

You hummed to yourself as you looked over the rules and regulations, but suddenly frowned as you read one part. Must have choreography.

You nervously bit your lip. Oh crap. It wasn't that you were a bad dancer. You could dance fairly well. It was just that you weren't the best at choreographing. You'd tried, multiple times, and let's just say it had not ended well.

You grinned as you remembered you just happened to be friends with one of the best dancers and choreographers in the school. Ryan Evans.

• • •

You sighed once you found Ryan at his locker, unfortunately next to his bratty sister, Sharpay. "Can I help you?" She asked in a rude tone, looking you up and down. "I just wanted to ask if-"

"Sorry," she smiled falsely. "I'm not signing autographs today."

"Actually," you rolled your eyes. "I'm here to talk to Ryan." She scrunched up her face in confusion, a small frown forming on her pink, lip-gloss coated lips. "Oh." She flipped her hair in your face and strutted away with a small 'humph.'

"So, I heard you needed to talk to me?" The taller and much nicer Evans twin asked you.

"Yeah, actually," you smiled. "I'm going to the Sing Off in Dallas next Friday and I was hoping you could help me with choreographing my performance, since you're good at that kind of thing."
He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, so you don't want Sharpay to help you? Wouldn't you rather have her?"

"Nope," you shrugged. "I want you to do it." He frowned. "Are you sure?" You laughed. "Yes, Ryan. I'm sure." His face broke into a wide grin and he suddenly grabbed your arm, pulling you down the hallway. "Let's go then!"

• • •

"Okay, what song are you singing?"

"I'm singing Kiss You by One Direction." He grinned. "It's edgy. Fun. I like it. I can work with this." He gave a dramatic pose and put his hands on his hips in the superman stance.

"Here," Ryan handed you a hair tie that made you wonder both what he wanted you to do with it and how he even had one. "It's from Sharpay," he said, practically reading your thoughts. "And put your hair in a ponytail. You're
gonna need it."

For the next two hours, you learned almost every dance move imaginable. Twists and turns. Leaps and kicks. It all turned into a blur, but somehow it all made sense.

"Okay, (Y/N)," Ryan said. "Let's take it from the top, shall we?" You nodded and started singing and dancing, a complicated task, believe it or not.

You focused on the dance steps, the words flowing out of your mouth in perfect notes. Suddenly you stopped. "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Ryan frowned. "Why'd you stop?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to try something." You pulled him next to you and bit your lip. "Can we try something, just for fun?"

He nodded and you started singing again and motioned him to dance and sing with you. You both grinned as it turned into a full out concert between the two of you, your voices blending. You pirouetted around Ryan as he kicked and suddenly found yourself in his arms. "And let me kiss you." The ending lyrics left your lips and he suddenly leaned in, pressing his lips to yours.

"Wonderful!" You pulled apart in surprise as you heard Ms. Darbus applauding you from the back of the empty auditorium. "Such great acting, too! Extraordinary!"

You blushed and muttered a thanks while Ryan gave a small bow. "You two sound splendid together," she complimented. "I know! Why don't you perform in the Sing Off together?" You looked at your partner questioningly and he grinned. "Sure."

"Okay, just do exactly what I saw! That was fantastic! Keep up the good work!" You watched her scurry out of the auditorium and looked back at Ryan.

Your heart started beating faster, and it wasn't just the exercise. Little did you know that Ryan's heart was beating just as hard, if not harder. "From the top?"
You nodded. "From the top." You started singing and dancing together, yet everything felt more right this time. Your blonde counterpart was a blushing mess, but this went unnoticed by you. You were far more concerned with making sure he couldn't see the blushing mess that was your face.

So what happens when one blushing mess is added to another blushing mess and they both try to avoid being seen by the other? They crash.

You twirled a little too far to the right and Ryan kicked just a little too high. It was just enough to send you both toppling to the ground on top of each other. "I'm so sorry!" You apologized profusely, the color on your cheeks returning with a vengeance.

"No, it's my fault," he insisted. "I shouldn't have just kicked like that." You both continued to apologize until you stopped and looked at each other, finally breaking into a laughing fit.

You both calmed down and he sat up, pulling you into a sitting position also. His eyes wandered over your (H/L), (H/C) hair and your pink lips. He felt like he could've gotten lost in your
(E/C) eyes. "(Y/N), I just wanted to say thank you for picking me to help with this," he smiled.

You smiled back, whispering softly, "Ryan, I couldn't have picked a better dance partner."

He cupped your cheeks in his hands and slowly brought his face to yours, kissing you for the second time. But this time, you could really feel it. You knew this was real.

You felt sparks shoot through your veins as your lips moved in sync, and you knew he felt them too by the way his arm shivered at your touch.

As you slowly pulled away, you stared into his brown eyes, breathing heavily yet quietly. "(Y/N), will you be my partner?"

"Ryan, I already am," you laughed softly. "No, not my dance partner. I mean, my partner as in...(Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?" Your face broke into a wide grin as the words left his lips and you nodded. "Of course I will."

You stood up and he smiled, pecking you on the lips. "Shall we start from the beginning again?" You giggled. "We shall."

Bonus:

        *later at the Evans' household*

"You did what?" Sharpay shrieked, looking at her twin in disbelief. "I asked her out?" Ryan shrugged.

"Do you know what this could do to us?" Sharpay demanded. "A girl like her, dating one of us?" He raised an eyebrow. "I don't see what the problem is?"

"How can you be dating such trash? Have you seen what she wears? It's hideous. Not enough pink. I mean, how can you date a girl that doesn't wear enough pink?"

"You know what, Sharpay," Ryan glared, crossing his arms. "Maybe I don't like pink. What if I want to like blue? Or green? As a matter of fact, I hate pink."

Sharpay gasped. "How can you say such a thing? Pink is the best color there is! That's it. It's not healthy for you to date her. She's making you mentally insane."

"Well, it's not my fault that you want to look like a pink Expo marker everyday of your life, Sharpay. Or should I say, Sharpie?"

She looked at her brother in bewilderment and put her hands on her
hips. "You're so selfish! I'm telling Mom!" She sashayed out of the room screaming about how nothing could ever compare to pink and how it was unfair that she had to deal with her incompetent brother. "Mother!"

"Well," Ryan chuckled to himself. "Time to buy a new wardrobe. And maybe a new sister."