Aladdin X Reader: Riff Raff Romance

Requested by: magic_mockingjay

"Hey! Get back here!" You darted away from the fruit stand, guards close behind you. All you wanted was a little bit of food. You remembered exactly what had happened.

"Excuse me," you said, gaining the merchant's attention. "Do you have any food to spare?"

"No," he told you coldly, turning away. "But you have food that you're selling. Not even an apple, or some grapes?"

"Beat it, kid," he growled. "You're just a street rat. Get out of here. If someone cared, you wouldn't be out here, so scram."

His words stung, and as soon as he turned his back, you grabbed the ripest cantaloupe you saw and ran.

You picked up the pace as the guards footfalls sounded closer, heavy and loud. You lugged the heavy melon in your arms, trying not to drop it and find a way to escape at the same time.

As you turned down another street, you panicked at hearing guards coming from the direction you were going. They're after me, too?

You realized it wasn't you, but a boy that they were after. He stopped in front of you and looked both ways before pulling you behind him. "Who are you?" You asked, confused why he had brought you with him.

"The name's Aladdin," he stated simply, pulling you further down the alley. "(Y/N)," you shouted after him.

You glanced back to see the guards had joined together in the chase. Oh crap. Turning back, you looked for an escape route. "There!" You pointed at a ladder on the side of the houses.

He allowed you to climb up first and you both scrambled to the top, you, almost dropping your melon in the process.

"This way!" Aladdin pulled you across the rooftop and you both jumped over onto the next one. You stopped as you realized there was one especially large jump to make between the next roof and the one you were on.

"Why'd you stop?" He asked. "That's too far. We'll never make it," you shook your head.

"It's this, or the guards. Make your choice," he replied. You looked back at the guards that were quickly closing in and then back to Aladdin. "Do you trust me?" He held out his hand to you.

Taking a big sigh, you gripped his hand and nodded, then he hurled the both of you off of the roof.

You screamed until you landed on one of the bazaar stand canopies and bounced back up to the other building, unharmed. Even your precious fruit was safe.

He led you down the steps of the structure and you gave him a small smile. "Thanks for the help," you started to turn away, but stopped as you heard his voice again.

"Where are you going?" He had tilted his head to the side with a frown that was barely noticeable in the dark.

"I don't know," you shrugged. "It's not like I have anywhere to go." He seemed to think about it for a moment before offering,"You could come to my place."

"I really shouldn't," you protested. Just because he had helped you didn't mean he didn't have bad intentions. He was a thief. "Do you trust me?" But, in all fairness, so were you.

• • •

"So, this is my place," Aladdin waved his arms around, motioning to the space.

It was made up of a lot of blankets in an abandoned top floor of the market. It didn't represent a home very much, but what would you know? You'd never actually had one to live in.

"It's cozy," you smiled, taking a seat on one of the blankets near the window. Or, as you would call it, hole in the wall.

You jerked your head towards the sound of excited screeching and your eyes widened as you saw a monkey. "Aladdin, there's a-" You stopped as you saw him pick it up and let it crawl onto his shoulder.

"This is Abu," he laughed as the monkey crawled over his hair. "Abu, say hi."

Abu turned to you, took one look at your bright, smiling face, and hissed, turning away in distaste. "Ouch," you frowned.

"Sorry," Aladdin apologized. "He can get a little jealous." At that, the monkey snarled and jumped off of his owner's arm to hide among the blankets.

"I don't think he likes me very much," you sighed.

"No," Aladdin shook his head. "He loves you. He says you're very pretty." You giggled as Abu peeked out from under the blankets and gave Aladdin a look. "And he says you're very funny."

Abu snorted and made what sounded like laughing noises, earning a glare from the thief.

"He also said you should live with us since I like you so much."

He immediately covered his mouth, turning a dark red, although it was hard to notice in the shadows of night. "That's very sweet," you smiled, biting your lip. "But I haven't even completely seen your face."

He scooted out of the darkness and into the light, where you finally glimpsed his face. Holy jewels. His face is worth more than a thousand cantaloupes.

You blushed this time as he moved closer to you. Really close.

"I-I'd really like it if you stayed here with me. You said you didn't have anywhere, right?" You slowly nodded, a smile spreading across your face. "I'd love to stay here with you."

"Can I ask you for something else?" He gulped as did you when his eyes flickered from your eyes to your lips.
"Sure."

"Could I...Do you trust me?" You laughed softly and brushed a strand of your hair back. "I already gave you that answer when you pulled me off the roof of the bazaar."

You gave a muffled noise of shock as he quickly pressed his lips against yours, transferring his heat.

Your small squeak startled him into thinking you hadn't liked it, but when he started to pull away, you responded by pulling him back and crashing your lips together again.

The kiss, so perfect, was something that seemed to be out of a romance novel. Even Abu fangirled a little bit.