Naveen X Reader - Frog Legs

Your eyes widened as you stepped out of the taxi and onto the driveway. You blinked as you stared up at the large mansion in front of you, turning back towards the cabbie with a nervous smile. "Excuse me, but this can't possibly be 5346 Maldonia Avenue. Are you sure we're in the right neighborhood?"

"It says it right there, Miss." You turned as the cabbie pointed, jabbing his finger at the gated fence of the large house. Sure enough, there it was. 5346 Maldonia Avenue, pressed right into the paved column of the gates.

You turned to thank him, but he'd already sped away, off to pick up his next client. Meanwhile, you stood in front, bathing suit already on and ready to go.

"Excuse me?" You said, finding the little call buzzer and pressing it, waiting patiently for a response back. "I—."

"Lawrence," a woman's voice chided from the other end of the line. "How many times do I have to tell you, leave the gate unlocked when we have visitors coming." The woman cleared her throat, her accent standing out even through the speaker. "Hello, dear. Come right in."

You couldn't help chuckling at yourself a little as you jumped when the gates started to move, welcoming you inside and down the long driveway until you reached the steps of the beautiful house, the front door opening to present a regal looking woman with greying hair and a warm smile.

"You must be (Y/N), my son's new swimming instructor." She nodded at you, leading you inside the home and not so much as batting an eye at the way you gaped. "Please excuse the state of my home at the moment, it's a mess." She laughed. "It's what happens when you have a lousy butler."

You could only nod, unable to squeak out even a simple agreement as you followed her through the large entryway, under a large chandelier, and down a long hallway.

"This is the pool. Ralphie is waiting for you in the kiddie pool." She motioned towards the door, watching as you slowly went in alone, your eyes widening even more at the beautiful outdoor scene.

"Are you my new swimming coach?" Your eyes traveled from the large, Olympic sized pool to the little boy standing beside you, his big brown eyes gazing right up and into your soul.

"Yes, I'm (Y/N)," you told him, smiling and gushing quietly to yourself over the tan little boy. "I see you're ready to learn how to swim?"

He nodded vigorously, a bright smile on his lips. "I've been ready." He grabbed your hand, quickly pulling you towards the steps of the big pool, not noticing the look of amusement on your face.

You waded in slowly, the temperature of the water just right, warm even, and you quickly figured out the pool was heated. If someone could afford a house that big, why wouldn't they have a heated pool?

"We'll start by making sure you know how to kick properly. So we can do that by putting your hands on one side of the pool." You demonstrated for him. "And kicking off from the edge while you hold on."

"Like this?" You laughed as he latched onto the edge of the pool, starting to kick his little legs and splash water everywhere.

"That's good," you told him. "But there are other ways to kick, too." You began to show him all the different techniques, smiling as you found he was a fast learner, picking up each one quickly.

"This next one is a little tricker, but a lot of fun." You started to kick your legs out and bring them back in, each motion causing you to do a lot of work, really beginning to feel it.

"Frog legs." You stopped as you heard another voice, masculine as he chuckled behind you.

"Yes," you smiled politely, turning to face the man, tall and lean but still muscular, a white towel draped casually over his tan and broad shoulders. "That's what the technique is supposed to look like, so it means we're doing it right." You winked at Ralphie.

"Oh, trust me." The man laughed, a smirk resting just under his dark Ray Bans. "I've seen plenty of swim photo shoots. That's not what it's supposed to look like."

You furrowed your eyebrows, crossing your arms over your chest. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"My name is Naveen," he declared, as if that was enough of an explanation, pulling the towel off his shoulders and laying it over a beach chair, his accent becoming both parts equally charming and annoying.

"He's my brother," Ralphie explained, sighing like he knew his antics all too well.

Naveen nodded. "As I was saying, I've been to many, many, many swimming photo shoots, and I've yet to see that pose used by any of the models. Ever."

"That's because this pose isn't for models, it's for competitive swimmers," you told him, frowning.

"Oh, do not worry." He grinned and propped his sunglasses up on top of his perfect hair, and you were annoyed to find his amber eyes were dazzling. "I would not ever assume that you were a model. Trust me."

"Fine." You practically growled, the more he talked, the more pissed off you became. "Then you do it. Show me how the move should be executed."

He chuckled. "Princess, I am a man of many, many talents." He motioned with his hand towards the sky. "I dance, I sing, I play a little ukulele." He flicked the sunglasses back down. "I do not swim, though I am very good at it."

You watched him start to walk away towards the hot tub, crossing your arms over your chest, and smirked. "Prove it."

He didn't stop walking, simply shrugging his shoulders. "I do not have to prove anything. I will not waste my time playing these childish games."

"I've never seen you swim, Naveen," Ralphie interjected, taking your side over his brother's.

You grinned at him and fist bumped, speaking your agreement. "Well, if Ralphie's never seen you swim, then I doubt you're very good at all, Naveen."

"Fine." You held back your laugh as he turned on his heels and headed back towards the big pool, tossing his sunglasses onto the lounge chair with a roll of his eyes. "I am a good swimmer." He stepped into the pool, sighing as if he was bored, and waded in all the way to his waist. "I can swim. Happy?"

"That doesn't count!" Ralphie exclaimed, pointing towards the end of the pool, one hand still tightly holding onto the edge. "You have to go to the deep end. Your feet can't be touching the bottom."

Naveen looked at you. "The kid does have a point."

Naveen sighed, continuing his walk towards the deep end, all the way until the water was up to his chin, his head bobbing just above the surface. "There."

"Nope." You shook your head, pointing to his motionless arms. "You're still standing. You have to keep going."

"Ashidanza." He groaned and kept moving, finally getting to the point where he had to start doggy paddling. "Happy?" You watched him continue to kick, not saying a word, and he moved even farther into the water, his movements becoming more erratic.

"Hm, I don't know if that's good enough. What do you think Ralphie?"

"You have got to be kidding me. I—." Your eyes widened as he went under the water, still kicking and flailing stubbornly.

"Naveen, that's not funny." You frowned. "Naveen."

"I don't think he knows how to swim, (Y/N)," Ralphie told you, his voice pitch rising a little with his nervousness. "I've never seen him swim before, really."

"Oh God." You broke into a breaststroke, moving as quickly as you could through the water to get to him, wishing that the pool wasn't so huge. You became even more panicked as you realized that the splashing had stopped and he'd begun to sink, quickly rushing to his aid.

You swam to the bottom, looking for the form of the obnoxious man, finding him and grabbing under his arms, using your force to push off from the bottom and bring him back up to the top with you, gasping for air as you broke the surface.

"Ralphie, help me get him up onto the side," you commanded, the little boy scrambling out of the pool and coming to the edge, helping pull as you pushed the heavy weight up onto the pool's edge.

"Is he dead?" Ralphie asked worriedly, his five year old mind already beginning to jump to the worst case scenario.

You pulled yourself up onto the side, beginning to wonder the same thing before you pressed your ear to his chest, shaking your head. "No, he's alive." You gulped, placing your hands on his toned chest as you started to push right below his sternum, hoping to hear his obnoxious voice again. You were just a swimming instructor for little kids, you couldn't afford to go to jail for accidentally murdering some fancy aristocrat's son.

"Are you gonna have to kiss him like they do in the movies?" Ralphie scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"I'm afraid I might have to." You got to thirty beats and swallowed your pride as you leaned down, pressing your lips to the handsome playboy's, trying to block out thoughts of how undeniably soft they were.

You jumped as he jolted underneath you, pushing you back and spitting up water. "You kissed me! How dare you!"

You groaned, rolling your eyes. "I didn't kiss you. I gave you CPR."

"Why would I thank you? It tasted like pool water and cheap hot dog stands! If anyone should be thanking anyone, I think it should be you." He winked, sitting up and smoothing back his wet hair.

"Excuse me? I just saved your life."

"You're welcome." He grinned. "Maybe I should lay back down and pretend to be drowning this time, since you're so prideful, but I know that you're begging for more."

"You're gross," Ralphie groaned, grabbing your hand and pulling you up. "Come on, (Y/N). I'll help you find some Germ-X so you can wash out your mouth."

You laughed, following the little boy as he pulled you back into the house, swimsuit dripping as you went, but didn't notice the small, more genuine smile on the face of a certain playboy as you made your exit.

"Ashidanza."