Hiccup x Reader: Searching

Requested by @Nekoletta99

You smiled to yourself as you walked with you best friend Hiccup. You'd always had a crush on him. He was pretty cute.

He was also different from other guys. He wasn't just all brawn no brains. He was super smart.

You came to a stop at your favorite place to hang out. A pond with several big boulders to sit on.

"I'll go get the firewood," Hiccup told you before disappearing behind some trees.

You sat on the rock peacefully, until you heard something in the bushes.
Whatever it was, it was big.

"Hiccup!" You called. "Can you come here for a second?"

He walked to your side where you told him about the noises. "I hear them, too," he whispered.

He slowly made his way closer and closer to the bushes. "Hiccup, what if it's a bear?"

"Kill it," he shrugged. He continued to walk forwards the source of the noise when it suddenly stopped.

You both stood as still as possible, afraid you'd scare whatever it was.

You screamed and pulled Hiccup back as a dragon poked it's head out of the bushes. "Woah, woah, calm down," Hiccup told you.

"It's just a dragon." You looked at him, shocked and angry. "Just a dragon?!"

"(Y/N), I meant to tell you sooner, but I have a dragon, his name is Toothless. Dragons aren't how they describe them."

You stood there thinking about everything he just told you. You didn't want to believe it.

Still, something about it was cool, intriguing.

As the dragon pulled itself into the clearing, you finally noticed the designs.

It was completely black with blue eyes.
It was beautiful.

"Hey, that's a Night Fury," Hiccup realized. "And its a female!" You looked at the dragon, studying it.

It also appeared to be studying you.

You slowly put your hands out to touch it, more curious than afraid. Some part of you wanted to pull back in case it decided to chomp your hand off.

The other part of you, the curious side, told you that it would be cool to touch a dragon.

Neither the dragon nor Hiccup protested when you put your hand on it. It's skin was sleek and smooth, yet rough at the same time.

The dragon actually seemed to be...purring.

When you stopped petting it, it stared at you before sitting down at your feet.
"It likes you," Hiccup said.

He looked at his friend in astonishment. He'd never seen you do anything like that.

It was good to know he wasn't alone, someone else wasn't afraid.

As he watched you pet the dragon with care, he finally noticed just how amazing you truly were.

He noticed your beautiful (h/c) hair, your bright (e/c) eyes, and your kind smile.

He sat down next to you, just staring. You smiled at him and he melted.

He didn't even think before he started to kiss you. You were stiff for a minute before you started to kiss back.

You only stopped kissing when the Night Fury beside you started to growl, afraid he was using some sort of attack method.

You both laughed and smiled at each other, the happiest you'd been.

You both found love, unexpected, but still full out love. Maybe Toothless would find it, too.