14|Regret|

•6 months later•

                     •6 months later

Strolling down the stairs she hurriedly reached the ground floor. The lift was under repair. Her giggling didn't stop, wearing a pair of jeans and a light clothed hoodie simply dolled up in casual clothes. It wasn't cold here but once she will be on the land of punjab it will be freezing the blood out of her. It was the month of February, she was visiting her home after 6 months. After her exams she got few weeks of holidays and now she was going to her home back to amritsar.

Her foot tripped just when she climbed the last stair but a pair of arms held her preventing her from clashing with the ground. She held the arms of the man who just saved her and stood up straightening her posture and gave him a huge smile.

“Be careful or else one day you'll injure your bones” Suvansh said teasing her whereas she just grinned widely. They saw the cab booked by Suvansh which was now standing at the door waiting for them. Shurisha without waiting for him ran towards the cab and plopped on the backseat. Suvansh, who was feeling cheerful himself looking at her and walked behind her sitting at the backseat . The driver drove off to the airport.

Suvansh noticed her typing a text with a speed of light on her phone. Her fingers were dancing on the keyboard. He also noticed typing errors and so many grammatical mistakes and few Non-existing terms in that long ass text. The reply came just after few seconds while she couldn't stop grinning.

His eyes went and stopped at the contact name it was her mother. No doubt why she was so astonished and excited to tell that she is coming back.
He still can't understand what is wrong with her. Sometimes she wants to stay away alone which made her shift in Mumbai and now she is so much excited to go back to meet her parents. He understands parental love but after the broken soul he confronted that day in the park, he couldn't understand her . she was not his cheerful Shurisha, she was not the same girl who was a trouble maker. She was someone else, that side of Shurisha was hidden. He still remember her words.

'I'm scared to stay alive but I'm also scared of death'.

Those words ringed in his mind again and he just smiled looking at her who was busy doing chit-chat with her mother.

The sudden urge to caress her hairs rose up inside him and he couldn't  stop but to caress her hairs softly as giving her assurance that everything is fine.
She lifted her eyes from her phone screen to look at him when she felt his soft yet some what rough palm on her head. Lifting her eyebrows she asked what happened but he just gave a soft smile to her and shook his head in an acknowledgement.  Shurisha, who couldn't understand his action just shrugged her shoulder and her eyes again stayed glued to the phone screen.

Pulling his hand back he looked outside and leaned over the window. He was going along with her back to his home because both of their family lives in the same city. His brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first kid and he was strictly ordered to Arrive back to home by his father knowing very well how much his son likes to stay away from functions and family gathering. Suvansh know he can't argue with his father, arguing with him is like swimming in the ocean even though you don't know how to swim.