Chapter Two

I arrive at my house at 12 in the afternoon. I ring the doorbell three times and knock about five times before sighing and picking the key up from underneath the mat to let myself in.

I walk in to see my mom, passed out and snoring on the couch.

I sigh once more, grabbing a blanket that rests on top of our living room table and place it on my mom.

"Oh yeah, mom. Nice to see you too." I mumble to myself before turning around and walking upstairs to my room. "Oh me? Yeaaahhh, I'm great! How are you, mom? 'Just fine and dandy, Scarlette! Not drunk. Not one ounce. Who the hell gets drunk around noon time? Not me, that's for sure! It's gotta be midnight somewhere!'" I said in a high pitched tone in replacement of my mom's voice.

I put on my ear phones and play some angsty punk song to get my anger out. I open my bedroom door and slam it shut, she won't wake up anyways.

I lye on my bed, head where my feet should go, so I can look out of my window.

I felt myself dozing off slowly to my music, slowly shutting down my emotions. Just wanting to sleep.

-------------

I wake up to the sound of music playing from my phone, I take out my earbuds and check the time.

"Crap!" I loudly whisper to myself as I hop out of bed, realizing it is noon on Sunday and Tyler is probably already at the park.

I change out of my clothes from yesterday and into new ones. I make my way into my bathroom and try not to look into the mirror too much as I brush my teeth and straighten my hair even though there is no point in doing so, my hair will get frizzy as soon as it rains later on today.

Rushing myself, hoping Tyler is still at the park and hoping he doesn't think I forgot, I run down stairs to see my mom staring blankly at an even more blank TV screen.

"Mom," I say quietly, "I'm going to the park."

My mom slowly turns her head to look at me, "Okay." She mumbles.

I smile at her before running to her and giving her a kiss on the forehead and then leaving.

As I walk through the door I immediately notice it is already raining, so I throw on my hood and fast walk to the park. The park is only about a block away from my house, so I should be able to make it there within five minutes.

God, I'm so terrible. Tyler is probably soaking wet.

A part of me hopes he got pissed off and left, so I can get rid of the risk of me getting close to this guy. Another part of me hopes he cares enough to stay.

I walk down the sidewalk to see Tyler sitting on the bench we sat on together for the second time yesterday. I see him looking around, probably to see if I am around. He rubs his hand over his mouth before standing up frustratedly, so I begin to run toward him.

"Tyler!" I yell, getting closer to him. He didn't hear. "Tyler!" I call him again.

When I finally catch up with him, I grab his wrist to stop him, "Tyler." I say out of breath, he flinches at my hand on his wrist.

As he turns around I say, "Hey, you're soaking wet."

He's wearing his black hoodie again, "Well, it is raining, so."

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Tyler. I slept in."

He shook his head, "don't worry about it."

We stood there staring at each other, I felt so bad I couldn't look at him. Tyler smiles a little bit and brushes his thumb on my shoulder.