Chapter Five

*TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A SMALL SCENE OF PHYSICAL ABUSE. PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY IT. IF YOU'D LIKE TO READ IT STILL (PLEASEEEEE) MESSAGE ME AND I WILL TELL YOU WHEN THE PART STARTS AND ENDS. I LOVE YOU. PLEASE STAY SAFE.*

My eyelids slowly started to separate themselves, I was on my side, but I feel a slight weight on my head. I realized it was Tyler resting the side of his face on mine, our cheeks were touching with his chin rested on the side of my neck. He had his hand on my hip and I felt his soft hair brushing up against the side of my forehead.

I bit my lip, not able to contain the butterflies just flying all around inside of my stomach. I played with his fingers and smiled to myself... but, the feeling dropped when I remembered that he was asleep and didn't realize what he was doing. He probably would have been so uncomfortable about this had he been awake.

"Tyler," I whispered, softly nudging his side with my elbow.

He snores lightly. Believe me, if I could just not wake him up and let us stay like this for as long as I could, I would, but:

One, we have school.

Two, I don't want to get my hopes up in falling for a boy who has no interest in me other than being best friends.

"Tyler," I whisper a bit louder, nudging a bit him harder than before too.

I feel his facial expression change and his eyes squeezing together. He takes a deep breath in and stretches, his hand moving from my waist down to my stomach.

Chills are sent down my spine, they are good chills. Chills I have only ever gotten from him.

Tyler lifts his head up, shooting straight up, "oh-oh my god. I am so sorry, Scarlette. I didn't-"

I knew he would be grossed out when he woke up, "it's all good. You were sleeping, you didn't know, it's whatever." I say in a rather dull tone and sit up, "I'll bring my own pillow and blanket next time."

"N-no, not that I didn't want to-" Tyler blushes, "I mean. I just-" Tyler trips over his words.

I rub my lips together, holding back my smile. "Tyler, it's fine."

He sighs, "I don't want to be awake." He groans and throws his head back down on the pillow.

I pinch his cheek softly, "well, I want you to be awake. Now get up." I say, standing up and stretching. "It's 6 o' clock. We have two hours til school."

Tyler stands up and stretches as well, "three hours of sleep." He rubs his eyes, he looks so tired, but it's so cute.

"That's nothing. I once ran off of 5 hours of sleep within 48 hours." I say, following Tyler to the entrance of the tree room. Yes, tree room. I made the name up for it last night since it is definitely not a tree house.

"Really?" He asks in disbelief, climbing down, "I once ran off of 3 hours of sleep within five days. It's crazy. Sleeping is one of the most important things for a human to function. I'll never understand why some us have such a hard time with it."

"Because... the human mind is completely selfish and is like 'hey! you might be tired! But, I sure as hell am not. Let's think about life and how screwed up you are." Tyler cringes, looking offended that I cussed, but nods his head and laughs in agreement.

I place my foot on the tree, but the tree must be slippery due to the foggy air because I almost slip off, Tyler places the palm of his hand on my back to keep me from falling. I gasp out of fear and so does Tyler.

"Be careful, Scar!" Tyler scolds me, placing his hands on my waist to help me, "nearly scared me half to death."

I jump down as Tyler guides me to the ground, I pat myself off. "Well, sorry... We aren't all experts at climbing."