Chapter Twelve

*Scarlette's pov*

As I wake up, the scent of pancakes fill my nostrils. I wipe the sleep out of my eyes and stretch, but it doesn't feel as good as it usually does.

"Ouch." I wince as I grab my head.

A body next to me shuffles around and then continues to lightly snore, Tyler.

I can't describe how I feel at the moment, I hurt all over. My stomach feels like there are little creatures inside of it, trying to scratch their way out. My eyes feel like they just got done lifting weights. My head is pounding and I'm way too thirsty.

Last night is a blur and I barely remember Tyler driving me to that "Christmas" party last night. I do, however, remember what triggered me into going. The conversation my mom and I had.

There is an intense pressure on my head and I wince, turning myself around to see Tyler's back facing me and I wrap my arms around his warm body, burying my face into his neck. I find comfort in him.

He's so warm and I can lay next to him forever.

His little snores stop and I hear him breathe in, as if taking a couple of moments to realize he is awake.

"How are you feeling?" Tyler mumbles.

"I hurt all over." I pout.

Tyler flips himself over and grips my waist with his hands, pulling me close to him as I bury my forehead into the crook of his neck.

"You're hungover." He mumbles.

"Did I tell you what happened with my mom?" I mutter, letting out a sigh.

"Yeah, you did." He whispers, twisting my hair around his fingers softly which calms me.

"What happened last night, Tyler?" My voice is scratchy and I cringe at the sound of it.

"I don't want you to worry about that right now, Scar." Tyler cups my face in his hand and stares at me in the eyes, "right now you need to rest."

I shake my head, "I can't rest, I-"

"Yes, you can. Close your eyes and go back to sleep." He raises his eyebrows. For the first time I take notice in them, they're so bushy and full. They fall upon the list of everything I love about him.

I smile, "Tyler... I'm awake. Trust me." I sniff, trying my hardest to clear out my nose. "If I could go back to sleep I would, but I can't."

Tyler smiles, shuffling around to position himself on top of me. Hovering above me, he softly kisses my forehead and then my cheek and then my other cheek, my nose, and then my chin.

"Want me to bring you some food?" Tyler asks.

I sit up, making him drop and straddle my waist.

"I can serve myself. It's okay." I laugh as he gets off of me and holds out his hands.

"The least I can do is give you a ride there."

I sit up and hold out my arms as he bends down. I wrap my arms around his neck as he picks me up and carries me bridal style downstairs.

The aroma of the food fills my nostrils even more than before and I smile, I'm so hungry.

Tyler makes it down the stairs carefully and I squint as the sunlight hits my eyes, they feel extra sensitive.

Tyler sets me down on a chair that sits underneath our counter and my eyes meet my mom.

Her hair is did up and she has a colorful apron wrapped around her. She has a slight smile on her face as she hums a tune through her smile.

Burdens and Bulwarks (Tyler Joseph Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें