Chapter 28

That was the last thing Hyunjin heard from the doctor before he...

Their surroundings suddenly grew brighter and brighter and before he could to anything it all turned black.

Was this deja vu?
He felt as if he was on a free fall without a parachute.
While on air he has not once felt scared being unconsciously aware that when he would reach the ground he will be it and he shall nor rise up again.

"Hyunjin."

He knows he's closer to the bottom, he's in great pain already, he should feel something about that but... he doesn't, he can't.

As if a hand of a thief violated his heart and ripped away any emotion built to be felt.
He would have expected a void but instead there is a weight, a really heavy one.

His swimming mind wondered if it was either mental or physical, he still couldn't determine.

"Hyunjin."

If his hands were carrying they would have given out by now, he's not sure how his heart could handle it for this long.
This weight, this weird weight it's crashing his organs one by one, or that's what he thought.

Either way as time goes by it grows bigger and bigger and it's pulsing through his heart and his ribcage and his chest and he can't breath.
He needs it out, out, out.
He needs to do something to get it out.
He needs a release.

"Hyunjin."

No matter how hard or fast in his mind he hits the bones on his chest he could not find peace.
His hands are trembling and his lungs are getting crashed.
He's suffocating.

If he's even breathing, that is.

He tried to, deep and slow, fast and ragged, sallow and.. and no matter what air was not enough.
He needed the weight gone but as time seemed to stop and one by one his senses came back he felt a hug.

A hug?

Someone crying is giving him a hug.
The weight got squeezed out of him, even if the pain lingered, worse than ever.

Oh what a strong hug.
Oh how he had missed this.
This hug.

His hearing returned.
Oh why was the person crying?

His hands started to work and he went on to return the hug.

This hug was the kind of hug a kid could only get. The hug you would pray to be able to have once in your life time.
It wasn't the usual type, it was... different.
It felt like what your comfort character from a childhood show would give you once you met them. He felt arms around his body engulfing him into this strong embrace and he just wanted stay here forever never let go unless he broke the hug first.

"Hyunjin?"

How could he have not seen it till now?

"Mi-minho?"

"Yes baby, I'm here. We all are. Oh God, you had us all so worried. You are okay, we are okay-"

"Minho, you died."

"No, no. It must have been a bad dream. Shh, I've got you now. You are safe. Shhh."

"What happened?"

"We were hit by a car. You were in a coma for two weeks. We thought-"

"And you are alive?"

"Yes dummy. All of us are."

And then he remembered.
He did.

Hyunjin believed there was no pain left for him to experience.

Until he heard his skull being mushed into a bloody mass.
Until he heard his neck breaking against the window of a car.
Until he saw himself, floating from above bleeding out, almost dead on the side of the road.

They were all alive.
They all had a second chance.

Author:
________

Cliche? Be honest did you see it coming after 10 whole chapters?
What is real any way?
Hmm... let's see how this goes.

I hope it was worth the wait!
Thank you for reading!