The Castle

Why were there so many tunnels? This place was obviously old, but the sheer amount of tunnels and mechanisms that Jordan passed by was absolutely absurd for some village in the middle of nowhere. By now, she lost feeling in her feet, and blood was seeping into the sleeve that was currently cradling her side. She was leaving a trail of blood behind her, and she had no idea if it was all coming from her wound, or the now razed skin of her feet.

Jordan whimpered again. But she was almost there. Walking up the hill of snow, she found herself approaching a large iron gate that one would imagine a drawbridge to be covering. The gate was already lifted, which was slightly suspicious in her eyes. If chaos was happening below, shouldn't the gate be closed? They wouldn't want those werecreatures to try to break in, right? Or maybe they were just prideful. That sounds about right in her mind.

The brunette girl winched as she ascended the small steps until she reached the wooden doors that seemed to lead inside. She didn't waste another second before she pushed said doors open with her shoulder, unable to muffle the growl of effort that it took to do so.

'Why does it hurt? Why does it always hurt? Why does everything have to hurt here?' She thought bitterly as tears pricked the corners of her eyes.

Once she was inside though, warmth washed over her body. The interior of the castle was beautifully lit up, and the floor she was standing on now was much more tolerable. There was a small set of stairs in front of her that led up to what seemed to be the entrance room with a large family portrait. She slowly hobbled forward again, winching as she heard the sound of her bloody feet on the polished floor. She was certainly leaving footprints at that point.

As she approached the painting, she felt her vision tilt slightly. But she managed to keep herself standing. She felt a weird sense of guilt as her blood stained this pristine floor.

Jordan stared at the portrait for a long moment, looking at the faces and the beautiful linework until she realized that her vision was blurring. She tried to rub her eyes with her free hand, but it seems that it wasn't a physical issue. Perhaps the blood loss was finally catching up with her.

"Oh? What a cute little thing that's wandered into our home."

At first, Jordan was sure that she had imagined the voice. It seemed to echo all around her and she couldn't pinpoint where it could've come from.

"Oh she's bleeding, hm? Guess those fun little things outside might've gotten to her."

Again, she had no idea where the voices were coming from. It was like it was all around her. And now, she was pretty sure that she was starting to hallucinate the sound of buzzing around her. Almost. It did sound very realistic.

"Do you think she can hear us? She's not saying anything."

As she heard the final voice, something passing by her field of vision, and she couldn't help but follow it. But as she turned, her eyes immediately went wide upon seen the dozens and dozens of flies that were swarming around her. She back herself up until the heels of her feet bumped against the wall behind her, nearly sending her falling backwards against the portrait. But even with all of that, she was not prepared in the slightest to see the flies swarm together into a group until they slowly turned into the outline of three people.

Jordan stared in awe and horror as these outlines began to solidify into three separate women. Once their features came to light, she found herself openly staring. These were, in logical terms, three very attractive women. However, all of this was immediately glossed over by one factor: blood stained each of their mouths, and elongated fangs glistened under the light.

Vampires.

Of course it had to be vampires. The most notoriously antisocial yet sadistic creatures on the supernatural spectrum. One of the most territorial species as well, second only to werewolves. And now she had three of them stand right in front of her as she was actively bleeding out. She had no idea what to say, and no idea what she was even supposed to do in that situation. She was completely and utterly screwed.