Crows

Jordan blinked open her eyes. At that point in time, she genuinely couldn't tell if she was awake or asleep. Her body felt incredibly light, like she was going to float away any second. But she could still feel the sensations of the soft bed beneath her. She slowly turned her head to the side, and widened them slightly when she saw the figure standing not too far from her bedside.

She recognized this woman. Both the clothing, and the six black wings that sprouted from her back were dead giveaways to this. This was definitely the same woman she saw at the meeting. What was her name? Miranda? She wasn't moving or doing anything at the moment. She was just staring down at Jordan. For some reason, Jordan felt an almost regal aura from her. Like this woman was far beyond her own power. Whether it was the wings, the black flickering halo, or her overall presence. She couldn't really tell.

"I see you're finally awake now, Archangel. You certainly shift around a lot in your sleep." The woman said, her voice almost echoing around the room.

Jordan was completely stunned at this point. She couldn't move her body, and was stuck staring at the woman. She couldn't quite explain it, but she felt a sort of....kinship between them. It's like she already knew this woman, but the most she knew is her name. Without warning, the woman moved closer, and even extended a hand out towards Jordan. It wasn't long before said hand was now cradling her face in such a motherly way that she couldn't understand. She didn't know why this was happening.

"Speak your mind, Jordan. From observing you recently, I've grown rather curious about something. I restored your wings on that day using my remaining authority. By now, and even before your wing was injured, you could've easily flown away from this place. Why did you not?" Mother Miranda asked, caressing her face ever so gently.

If Jordan could purr, she definitely would be. The sensation felt so unbelievably satisfying and she almost craved more of it, or rather, she longed for it. That motherly touch. Why did she want more of it? It took Jordan a good few seconds to really let the woman's question sink in before realizing she hadn't said anything in return. Trying to come up with answer turned out to be rather difficult when she could hardly form a coherent thought. But she tried anyways.

"I....don't want....to leave...they....t-they need...someone....to help them...." Jordan managed to choke out.

"And should they not wish for your help? This castle has been fiercely stubborn and independent for many decades. Both Alcina and her...daughters. Do you truly think you can help them?" The woman asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jordan paused her line of thought. Did she truly think she could help these people? They had been twisted beyond repair, and there was no way that she could fix someone who was broken so badly. She had neither the means nor the ability. But... she could still help them in her own special way. She didn't need to fix them. Although she was technically trapped here, considered to be property of this family, they don't treat her like a pet. For the most part. They treat her like a companion. Like....like a lover. Such a feeling of acceptance and security is what kept her here. And still....she wanted to help.

"I can't fix....what is broken....but....isn't there a saying...? Misery loves company?" She asked, almost forgetting who she was talking to.

The woman remained staring down at her with those terrifyingly powerful eyes. It was almost like she just wasn't blinking sometimes. Genuinely disturbing. But Jordan had to admit that she was incredibly pretty, in a sense. Her features were....intimidating....but she held a sort of otherworldly beauty to her that not just anyone could appreciate. Her thoughts came to a screeching halt when she heard the woman chuckling. The hand slowly left her face, and she almost wanted to follow it.

"I've haven't seen someone look at me the way you do in many many years. I've always been looked at in worship, or in fear. Sometimes in anger. But you....you would look upon me with such gentle eyes..." Mother Miranda said, two of her wings shifting.